The recipe for a closed yeast pie with cabbage and egg I spied at a neighbor in the country. It turns out so delicious that it is simply impossible not to make cabbage pie for your family. In summer and autumn, when you can always pick forks of fresh cabbage at the cottage, try to quickly make a simple yeast dough, prepare the filling and after half an hour you can call all the households and guests to the table.
What do we need:
- wheat flour - 300 g,
- milk - 150 ml
- dry yeast - 1 tsp (no slide)
- sugar - 1 tsp (no slide)
- salt - 1 tsp (no slide)
- cabbage - 600-700 g,
- chicken egg - 4 pcs.,
- milk - 80 ml
- dill - 3-4 branches,
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.,
- salt to taste
- spices (paprika, nutmeg) - 1 tsp
How to make an open pie with cabbage and egg
- Dissolve yeast and granulated sugar in warm (but not hot) milk. Instead of dry yeast, you can take fresh pressed yeast - about 10 g.
- Sift flour into a deep, spacious bowl or onto a wooden flat surface. In a flour hill we make a depression and pour milk with yeast there. Pour salt next.
- Knead a soft and elastic mass.
- Cover with a clean towel and leave in a warm place without drafts for 60-70 minutes. The dough, as a rule, rises well, but if it starts to run away too quickly, you can knead it a couple of times.
- For the filling, chop the white cabbage. Cut into medium strips.
- We thoroughly heat a wide frying pan with vegetable oil and fry the cabbage in it according to the semi-preparedness for 15 minutes. Cook on fire slightly above average with the lid closed. So that the cabbage does not burn, do not forget to stir it. If you have a thin-walled pan, and the contents still burn, you can add a little water.
- Simultaneously boil two hard boiled eggs, then peel and rub them on a coarse grater. We connect with the cooled cabbage. Cabbage filling can be salted immediately during frying or after adding eggs.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the fill. Mix the remaining two eggs with milk, salt and spices. For aroma, add finely chopped greens. Whisk well with a whisk.
- Roll out the dough into a circle with a diameter of 32-33 cm and lay it on the bottom of the mold (with a diameter of about 26 cm), forming the sides. Pre-grease the bottom with vegetable oil or a sheet of parchment.
- We spread cabbage filling on top of the dough. If we bake a cake on a baking sheet, then at the edges we also leave room for the sides.
- Wrap the dough from the walls inward and pinch it nicely at regular intervals. And only now, when the sides are firmly fixed, evenly fill the mixture of eggs and milk.
- We put the cabbage pie in the oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
Ingredients for Fresh Cabbage Yeast Pie
We will make yeast dough on a dough ourselves, but you should not be afraid of this. It becomes fast and tastes good.
- 2 eggs +1 for lubrication,
- 300 ml of milk
- 1 sachet of dry yeast (or 25 g pressed)
- 6 tbsp. l + 450 g flour
- 4 tbsp. l Sahara,
- 130 ml of sunflower oil,
- 1 tsp salt.
From this amount of dough, a rather large cabbage closed yeast cake is obtained. For the filling you will need:
- ½ fork of fresh cabbage,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 onion,
- 1 carrot
Put the dough
Pour dry yeast or crushed pressed yeast into a bowl or other deep container. We fall asleep 4 tbsp. l sugar, 6 tbsp. l flour and mix.
We heat 300 ml of milk in the microwave, pour the yeast mixture, mix well, cover with a towel and put in a warm place for 30 minutes. During this time, the dough for the yeast dough should come up, that is, ferment and rise.
Cooking cabbage and egg filling
We put 4 eggs to cook and start chopping the vegetables.
Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat and simmer step by step:
- stirring the onion for about 1 minute,
- add carrots grated on medium grater, simmer for another 1-2 minutes,
- Shredded cabbage is better to add not all at once, but gradually, so that it is convenient to interfere.
If necessary, you can add a little water.
We discard the prepared cabbage stewed with vegetables in a colander. Excess fluid should drain from it. We don’t need her in the pie.
The full filling for the closed yeast pie with cabbage will be ready when we mix the stewed vegetables with boiled eggs grated on the track.
Opara rose, now it's time to knead the dough:
- 2 eggs and 100 ml of vegetable oil whipped with salt, add to the dough and stir well,
- pour 2 cups flour into the pan and stirring all the time, gradually pour the dough,
- add a little flour until the dough stops sticking to your hands,
- for elasticity, pour the remaining vegetable oil on top and knead well.
We form and cook the cake
We will not make cabbage pie ordinary closed, but formed from rolls. We do everything step by step, after turning on the oven 200 degrees:
- divide the dough into 5 parts, of which we form balls,
- roll each ball into a pancake, but not very thin,
- put cabbage on one edge of the pancake and wrap it in a roll,
- we fasten the edges and lay the rolls tightly to each other on a baking sheet or heat-resistant dish (grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil),
- beat the egg and grease the cake on top.
Closed yeast pie with cabbage and eggs in the oven for 30 minutes. Check its readiness with a toothpick.
Yeast pie with cabbage: video
If something seemed obscure to you in our step-by-step recipe, watch the video clip from our YouTube channel Man's cooking from Igor.
Video cabbage pie recipe
- 100 ml of water
- 100g sour cream
- 100g butter,
- 2 eggs,
- 500-550g flour
- 1 tablespoon Sahara,
- 1 tsp salt
- 10g dry yeast.
- 400-500g cabbage,
- 2 eggs,
- salt to taste
- cooking oil for frying.
The process of making a pie with cabbage and egg yeast
- To begin with, melt the butter. In the meantime, it cools down a bit, prepare the dough. To do this, pour half warm water into the mixer bowl. Pour sugar and 1 tbsp. flour. Add yeast, mix. Leave the dough warm for 15 minutes.
- During this time, it will increase in size.
- Pour oil into the bowl.
- Put the sour cream.
- We break the eggs.
- Turn on the mixer to mix these ingredients.
- Sift flour together with yeast and salt. Add the mixture to the bowl. The amount of flour depends on its quality. So you need to add gradually, paying attention to the consistency.
- Knead until we get a soft lump that calmly lags behind the walls of the bowl. In the process, you may need to stop the mixer in order to remove the flour adhering to the walls with a silicone spatula.
- Tighten the bowl with a wrap and put on the proofing in a warm place.
- In the meantime, let's get stuffed. Shred the cabbage.
- Fry in a pan in oil. We put it there in parts, adding the next one when the previous one is a little quieter. In the process of salt.
- Hard-boiled eggs, chop with a knife and mix with cabbage.
- It usually takes 1 hour to lift the dough. During this time, the cabbage filling will be ready and cool slightly.
- The quality of the dough and its texture allows you to bake a cake directly on a baking sheet without paper or a silicone mat. I do not use flour even for rolling. I just divide the dough into two parts - one larger for the day of the pie and the second smaller for the lid. I stretch the bulk on the baking sheet with my hands
- We spread the filling on the layer, level it without bringing it to the edges a little.
- Cover with a second layer of dough.
- We pinch the edges tightly. In the center we make a hole for steam to escape.
- Lubricate the cake with a beaten egg and set to bake in an oven heated to 200 degrees. Bake to a beautiful dark golden color. It took me about 30 minutes to bake.
A moment of pleasure: a large cabbage pie, full of heat and aromas, is extracted. Cool it a little and serve it still warm. And just asks for the classic: “Zahar, darling, put a samovar!” These are the pies!
Save the recipe to the Cookbook 2
How to make a pie with cabbage and aspic egg on kefir
Perhaps it is difficult to find those who could resist a rosy, freshly baked and hot pie. That's just baking - it's always troublesome. Therefore, bothering with the test is obtained only on weekends or holidays. But there is a great option that you can use even in the middle of the week - a quick pie on the jellied test. It will take about 20 minutes to prepare this treat along with the preparation of the filling.
Quick and tasty
In this embodiment, we will use raw eggs in the filling, the taste will be very interesting and unusual.
- 400 g of cabbage,
- 1 onion,
- 1 egg for filling + 2 in the dough,
- 470 ml of kefir,
- 300 g flour (2 cups),
- 5 table. l vegetable oil
- 1 table. l butter
- 1 tea l slaked vinegar soda,
- salt, sugar to taste.
- Cut the onion in half rings, fry in sunflower oil until golden. Add less than half a glass of water and simmer the onion until it is completely evaporated. Finely chop the cabbage, send to the onion. If the head is young, then it will be stewed very quickly, enough for 10-15 minutes. First, lightly fry, then pour a little water, salt, cover. Stew on low heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For the test, pour kefir into the container, salt, and sugar a little. Add slaked soda. Enter a couple of eggs and mix. It’s easy to knead this dough with just a whisk. Gently stir in the flour, it is better to sift it in advance. You do not need to add all at once, otherwise lumps are obtained. Knead until smooth and set aside for 15 minutes, so that the mass is infused. It turns out the consistency of thick sour cream.
- During this time, the cabbage managed to cook. We drive an egg into it, stir and fry a little more. Preheat the oven, smear a suitable shape. You can cover it with parchment first, then it will be even easier to get the finished product.
- Pour part of the dough into the mold. We spread and level the filling, you do not need to heat it into the dough. Pour the rest of the dough on top, smooth the surface well. Oven in a heated oven for 30-40 minutes, see for your technique. We cut the pie portionwise and enjoy the taste and aroma.
Another option with egg and onion
Here we will do with boiled eggs and the dough will be a little different.
Take for cooking:
- 250 g of cabbage,
- 2 chicken eggs + 1-2 to the filling,
- 1 stack sour cream
- 0.5 stack flour
- 0.5 tea l baking powder
- 10 ml of vegetable. oils
- salt, herbs to taste.
- You can take young or later cabbage with dense leaves. If you chose the second option, after slicing, salt it, mix with herbs and remember a little with your hands to become softer and juicier. Sour cream can be replaced with kefir, but then take 3 chicken eggs.
- We combine the eggs with sour cream of any fat content, salt. You can optionally add ground black pepper, stir everything with a whisk. Add the sifted flour with baking powder, knead the dough, not too thick and without lumps.
- We cut cabbage in any convenient way. Fry a little in oil, salt, pepper. When removed from the stove, add chopped greens. Boil the eggs, chop into small cubes and combine with cabbage. You can not connect, but just then sprinkle on top of the cabbage layer.
- Lubricate the mold, pour half the dough. We shift our stuffing. Fill the rest of the dough. We heat the oven to 20 degrees, send our pie there. Bake until golden brown. It is better to see the readiness with a wooden skewer or a toothpick - if dry, everything is ready.
- We get it, let it cool down for at least 20 minutes. After which it can be pulled out and cut. It is prepared quite quickly and very simply.
Yeast dough pie with cabbage and egg
A delicious pie on a rich yeast dough stuffed with stewed cabbage and boiled eggs. This is a classic!
- Butter (or margarine) - 150 g.
- Dry yeast - 1 teaspoon,
- Warm milk (water) - 1 cup,
- Wheat flour - 900-1000 g.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Chicken eggs - 4 pcs.
- Cabbage - 700-900 g.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Salt and pepper to taste,
- Frying oil
- Let's start by kneading the dough. In a glass of warm milk or water, stir the yeast, wait 10 minutes until they froth.
- Hard boiled eggs. Finely chop the cabbage and onions, then stew in a pan under the lid for about 15-20 minutes. I added a few pinches of pepper, 3 pinches of salt and 3 tbsp. To the cabbage. tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Then remove the lid and simmer another 5-10 minutes of cabbage. It should already be soft, we just evaporate the excess juice.
- Eggs are peeled and finely chopped. Mix the stewed cabbage and eggs. So the filling is ready!
Forming and baking a pie
- Knead the risen dough thoroughly and divide into two parts.
- We roll the first piece into the layer and put it on a greased baking sheet. Then evenly distribute the cabbage-egg filling.
- Roll the second piece of dough thinly, lay on top of the filling and pinch around the edges.
- Put the cake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 50 minutes. To crispy and rosy barrels.
Puff pastry with cabbage and egg
Beautiful and easy to prepare pie from puff pastry with cabbage and egg. We use ready-made dough, with or without yeast - it does not matter.
- Cabbage - 1-1.2 kg.
- Puff pastry - 500-600 g.
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Salt and pepper - 3 pinches,
- Butter - 20 g.
- Vegetable oil - 20 g.
- Sesame seeds for decoration,
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it defrost. Put eggs at the same time to boil.
Open cabbage and egg pie
A beautiful pie made from yeast-free dough, topped with a layer of cabbage, eggs and cream cheese.
- Flour - 200 g.
- Vegetable oil (odorless) - 60 ml.
- Milk - 100 ml.
- Salt - 10 g.
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon,
- Cabbage - 350 g
- Sour cream - 100 g.
- Cheese - 50 g.
- Boiled eggs - 4-5 pcs.
- Fresh greens (dill, onions) - 30 g.
- Ground black pepper - 3 pinches,
The dough, even without yeast, should still be a little infused. Mix flour with salt (5 grams) and baking powder. Add vegetable oil and kefir. Knead a soft, uniform dough, cover with cling film. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
For now, let's get stuffed. Finely chop the cabbage, then pour boiling water. After 6-8 minutes, drain the water.
Chop the eggs, add chopped herbs, salt and pepper to them. We spread cabbage and sour cream here. Mix well.
Sprinkle the table with flour, put the dough. Roll it into a wide thin layer. Rectangle or oval - the choice of shape depends on what the cake will be baked in.
Grease a baking sheet with butter, put dough on it. On the test, distribute the filling. Then tuck up the edges of the dough so that the filling does not run away.
Cover the filling of this grated cheese. Place the cake in a preheated oven (190 degrees) for 30 minutes. I advise you to try it when the cake has completely cooled down.
Jellied pie with cabbage and egg
A beautiful and hearty vegetable pie with eggs. It is prepared easily and relatively quickly, as the dough is “liquid”. Cabbage, onions, carrots, greens - a whole storehouse of vitamins! And all this is deliciously cooked inside the cake.
Usually this type of pies is cooked on kefir, but I chose kefir. Do you want kefir? Use kefir.
- Wheat flour - 200 g.
- Milk (kefir) - 150 ml.
- White cabbage - 500 g.
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Carrots - 2 small carrots,
- Soda - 0.5 tsp
- Onions - 1-2 pcs.
- Chives - 50 g.
- Mayonnaise (sour cream) - 100 g.
- Vegetable oil - 3 s. spoons
- Various spices to taste: pepper, garlic, salt, basil,
Since the dough is prepared in a few minutes, first we prepare the ingredients of the filling.
Rinse the cabbage and finely chop finely. Wash my carrots on a fine grater. Chop the onion too.
We spread these vegetables in a stewpan, add 3 tablespoons of oil.Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes. Salt a little, add some more seasonings, mix and simmer for another 5-10 minutes until soft.
At the same time, you need to boil 3 eggs. Grind them and then add to the vegetables.
Knead the dough. Beat 3 eggs with milk, add a couple of pinch of salt and flour. Stirred. Then we put sour cream and again thoroughly mix, you can even use a whisk.
But the dough is not ready yet! Finely chop the green onion, stir it in the dough. This is the most important nuance. The dough is thoroughly saturated with onion juice, aroma, and even slightly changes color.
All. There is a filling, there is a dough. Lubricate the mold with oil, pour half the dough. Spread the stewed cabbage evenly, fill with the rest of the dough on top.
Put the cake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Shortcake with cabbage and eggs
Outside is crispy shortcrust pastry, and inside is a fragrant and hearty filling of boiled eggs and stewed cabbage. This pie can be prepared both closed (as in the photo), and open.
- Flour - 300 g.
- Butter (margarine) - 150 g.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Water - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon,
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Cabbage - 300 g.
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Salt and black pepper - 2 pinches,
- Let's start with the test. Mix flour with salt and baking powder. Pound the butter and flour into crumbs. Add water and beaten eggs. Knead the dough thoroughly, then send it to the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Now it's the turn of the filling. Finely chop the cabbage and simmer until tender in a pan. Add salt and pepper. I stewed in oil. 2 tablespoons of sunflower.
- Boil eggs and finely chopped. Then mix with the finished cabbage.
- We take out the dough from the refrigerator, knead and divide into 2 parts.
- Put one part of the dough in a baking sheet. Pre-grease the baking sheet with oil or cover it with parchment.
- Now comes the filling layer. Roll out the second piece of dough and lay on top of the filling, pinching at the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 180-190 degrees. Put the pie in it for 30 minutes.
Recipe for the Lazy
You should not literally take this name, of course you can’t call it completely lazy, but still you need to spend a minimum of time on it.
The composition will be as follows:
- 400 g of cabbage,
- 1 testicle
- 100 g flour
- greens, salt to taste,
- 2 table. l sunflower oils
- 2 table. l sour cream.
Finely chop the cabbage, add salt and pepper. It’s better to take a young one, it will be softer, so it’s quicker to prepare. Separately, in a bowl, beat the eggs with sour cream, salt. Add the flour to make the dough look like a consistency for pancakes. Add chopped greens (dill, parsley) here. We heat the pan, pour a little oil. We spread cabbage with the first layer and immediately fill with dough. Somewhere after 15-20 minutes, we turn the product on the other side with a plate. It is better to cook over medium or low heat so that nothing burns.
Another affordable and tasty option.
- 0.5 kg of cabbage,
- 50 g cream oils
- 5 g of baking powder
- 6 table. l flour
- 6 table. l mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil, spices and salt.
Grind the cabbage, knead it with your hands. Coat the baking dish. We spread the cabbage, spread the butter plates on top and sprinkle with pepper or spices. For the test, mix the egg, mayonnaise, salt and baking powder. We introduce flour in parts, mix. Pour the dough over the cabbage and set to bake for 40 minutes at 200 degrees. The finished product must stand, cool. It is done just instantly.
From puff pastry
Another simple but very tasty recipe.
We need to take:
- 0.5 kg yeast puff pastry,
- 0.5 kg of white cabbage,
- medium carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 3-4 smoked sausages,
- olive oil,
- 2 table. l milk
- spices and salt
- a bunch of cilantro.
Cut cabbage, fry a little in a pan. Sausages, chopped onions, three carrots on a coarse grater (can be cut into strips). Chop the cabbage and lightly fry in a pan with olive oil. Let the cabbage stew for about 8 minutes, then add the remaining components to it and cook until caramel color. A couple of minutes before cooking, add chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. Large chopped cilantro.
Defrost the dough and roll out 2 thin layers. We cover the baking sheet with baking paper, transfer one to the baking sheet, spread the filling evenly, sprinkle with greens. Cover with a second layer. We pinch the edges, make a few punctures with a fork on the dough. Mix milk with egg and grease the surface.
Bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve with sour cream. Making a pie from a ready-made dough is very easy and simple, you only need to spend time preparing the filling.
In a pan with mushrooms
For him, it is necessary to prepare:
- 300 g of fresh cabbage,
- 150 g of mushrooms
- 150 g of minced meat,
- onion head
- 2 chicken eggs
- 2.5 table. l regular flour
- salt, any greens, vegetable oil.
Cut into small pieces of mushrooms, peel the onion, chop. Pour the butter in a frying pan and fry until golden. We put mushrooms, minced meat, salt and fry here. We spread the filling in a separate container. Shred the cabbage. Add chopped herbs, eggs, flour and salt. Mix, crush cabbage is not necessary.
Lubricate the frying pan, spread half the cabbage, level it. Put another stuffing on top, then cabbage again. We start to fry. As soon as the cake is fried on the first side, carefully turn it over. To do this, take the dish, cover the pan, turn the cake over and return to fry. Stew on low heat until tender. In fact, everything is simpler than it seems.
Vegetable Casserole Pie
This is a rather non-standard option, but very tasty, juicy and tender.
- 1 forks of cabbage,
- 2 onions,
- 2 carrots.
- 2 chicken eggs
- 1.5 stack kefir
- 1 tea l salt and soda
- 1 stack flour
We disassemble the forks into separate leaves, blanch a couple of minutes in salted water. Cut onion, three carrots, fry in vegetable oil, salt and pepper. On cabbage leaves we cut off the seals, like cabbage rolls, we add a little. We spread on each leaf a spoon of frying, distribute and turn into a roll.
We make the dough, similar to the fact that for the pancakes, from all the ingredients listed in the composition, add the chopped dill. Lubricate the mold with butter, sprinkle with breadcrumbs or semolina, spread the rolls. Pour the dough on top. Bake until rosy for half an hour in a preheated oven. The cut is also beautiful. Tasty to eat with sour cream.
With smoked chicken
Pie according to this recipe is very aromatic, hearty and tasty. How to cook? Everything is very simple, we will prepare:
- 300 g cabbage
- 120 g smoked chicken
- a bunch of greenery.
- 3 table. l mayonnaise
- 5 table. l sour cream
- 120 g flour
- 3 eggs,
- 2 tea l baking powder
- spices, salt, butter.
Cut the cabbage into small strips, add chopped greens to it, add salt, knead a little with your hands to make the juice stand out. We remove the skin from the meat, cut it into a cube, and send it to the cabbage. Mix.
Salt the eggs, beat with a whisk, add the rest of the ingredients for the dough, it should not be too thick, but like pancakes. In a greased mold, pour part of the dough. We shift the filling, pour over the leftovers. Bake until cooked for about 30 minutes, it may take more time, look in your oven. Cool the pastries slightly, remove from the mold. Pie can be eaten warm, but can be cold.
Step by step recipe with photo
Homemade, delicious cake, fluffy, aromatic. Long stale. Suitable for everything: soup, broth, borscht, tea, coffee, stewed fruit. Kefir and sunflower dough.
To make a pie you will need such products: kefir, sugar, salt, dry yeast, sunflower oil, flour, cabbage, eggs, green onions, onions, sunflower oil.
Cooking the dough. Sift the flour to enrich it with oxygen. Put salt, sugar and dry yeast.
Pour warm kefir into the flour.
And sunflower oil at room temperature.
From the listed ingredients, knead the elastic dough. It is quite oily and does not stick to your hands at all.
Put in a bowl, cover and set in a warm place.
While the dough rises, we make the filling for the pie. Cut onions and put in a pan with butter. Shred cabbage thinly and add to the onion. Stew under the lid until soft.
Add chopped boiled eggs and chopped green onions to cabbage with onions.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
After an hour and a half, the dough for baking is ready.
Divide the dough into two parts. We roll out one part and put it in a baking dish.
Put the filling on the dough.
Cover with the second part of the test.
Lubricate the top of the pie with an egg and make a hole for steam to escape. We put in the oven, preheated to 170-175 degrees C.