The most A terrible problem that can occur on the face is acne on the cheeks! Basically any acne on the face, this is a problem, but it is on the cheeks that the whole essence of acne is revealed. Why? Yes, because the skin is too sensitive, and with the slightest improper action, a scar remains.
Your chin may forgive the wrong treatment, your forehead with grief in half, too, but your cheeks are gone (: What to do? Treat! Quickly, efficiently.
Well, I, your humble servant, will help in this problem. I’ll tell you the most effective and fastest ways to treat acne. To begin with, we will analyze causes! As they say, know your enemy better than yourself 🙂
Acne on the cheeks of women
In women, acne is associated with changes in the hormonal background, as well as a deterioration in immunity. The cyclical fluctuations of the female hormonal background create the conditions for constant changes on the skin. If any deviations from the norm occur in these fluctuations, the woman has various disorders, and acne is far from the most severe among them, but the most noticeable. Especially often in this way an excess of male hormones in a woman is manifested.
Immunity disorders, including local (on the skin), is also associated with the influence of sex hormones - among women immunity is lower, especially in the second phase of the menstrual cycle. For this reason, if a woman does not carefully monitor her health and cares for her skin, acne occurs.
Acne on the cheeks before menstruation
This is one of the varieties of acne that is characteristic of women. Acne before menstruation occurs if a woman has immunity at that moment, which happens when there is an excess of second-phase hormones or a lack of estrogen. Acne occurs 3-4 days before menstruation, being one of the most reliable signs of future menstruation.
Some women, accustomed to regular rashes on the face before menstruation, are very worried, not having noticed acne in due time.
The lack of habitual rashes of acne may for some be the first sign of pregnancy.
Types of rashes
Acne on the cheeks can be various elements:
- papules (cava)
- pustules (abscess),
These can be single elements and multiple rashes, merging with each other. Most often, acne appears on the cheeks and chin in the form of comedones and a papulopustular rash. Severe form of cystic-nodular acne is less common.
Acne on the cheeks in men
Acne due to hormonal disruptions is also possible in men, and rashes can indicate both an excess and a lack of sex hormones in the patient. In the same way, an excess of hormones of the adrenal cortex - Itsenko-Cushing's syndrome, which is characterized by redistribution of adipose tissue, a change in complexion, increased sweating, and rapid fatigue, can manifest itself.
There is a more common reason for the appearance of defects on the skin of the stronger sex - insufficient facial care. Many men do not know how to do this or consider cleansing and moisturizing procedures to be exclusively a female prerogative - and do not want to “become effeminate”. Such behavior contributes to the appearance of inflammatory foci on the face - and you must admit that acne on the face is not the best sign of masculinity.
Acne on the cheeks of a teenager
This is a very common problem that almost all teens face, regardless of gender. The onset of puberty, hormonal changes in the body and changes in immunity have clearly visible external manifestations. Teen acne can last from several months to 2-3 years. A longer course of acne in a teenager suggests that its causes are more serious than the usual change in hormonal levels.
If juvenile acne cannot be treated with conventional home remedies, you should consult a dermatologist, and possibly an endocrinologist. Only a specialist will find out the true cause of acne in a teenager on the cheeks and prescribe an adequate treatment.
Hormones as one of the causes of acne on the cheeks
Skin is a target organ for many hormones. Therefore, when acne appears on the cheeks of women, first of all, their cause is associated with the pathological condition of the hormonal background caused by a number of diseases.
Acne appears when 4 factors work:
- sebaceous glands secrete excessive amounts of fat,
- the cells lining the ducts of the hair follicle begin to actively grow and die,
- bacteria invade
- inflammation begins.
Estrogens are hormones that suppress sebum secretion. Androgens, especially testosterone and dehydrotestosterone, have a strong effect and stimulate the function of the sebaceous glands.
Female genital and endocrine glands are the main sources of androgens (male hormones) in the body of a girl. A small fraction is also formed in adipose tissue and liver. Hormones increase the activity of sebaceous glands, accelerate the exfoliation of epithelial cells and thereby contribute to the formation of non-inflammatory elements. When bacteria enter this area, the inflammatory process begins.
There are many reasons why androgen levels increase:
- in girls at the end of puberty (considered a physiological norm),
- polycystic ovary syndrome,
- congenital dysfunction of the adrenal cortex,
- tumor changes in the ovaries and adrenal glands,
- thyroid pathology,
- weight gain due to adipose tissue.
When acne appears on the cheeks of girls with causes that are associated with an increase in the number of male hormones, then other symptoms accompany them:
- menstrual irregularities,
- hair loss on the head,
- weight gain
- excessive facial hair growth according to the male type.
In addition to diseases that cause an increase in the level of androgens, when acne appears on the cheeks, the causes can be associated even with minor changes in the endocrine balance. So, acne on the cheeks may appear before menstruation, be a consequence of taking contraceptives or stopping their use and the use of anabolic steroids.
In half of the diseased, the causes are associated with a hereditary predisposition to acne. It was noted that if the older generation had this dermatological disease in the family, it will be inherited in 70-80% of cases.
The use of comedogenic cosmetics is another reason why acne on the cheeks can worsen and not last long. Long-term use of fatty creams, which include, for example, isopropyl myristate (isopropyl myristate) is a common cause of cosmetic acne in the form of comedones. When buying care products, you should opt for products labeled “non-comedogenic” or “non-acnegenic”
Moderate sun exposure has a disinfecting effect on the skin and dries out purulent rashes. However, excessive abuse of ultraviolet light (on the beach, in the solarium) has the opposite effect. The upper layer of the skin is dried up, which acts as a signal to the sebaceous glands, and they begin to intensively produce a secret. Therefore, prolonged insolation provokes an exacerbation of existing acne and the appearance of new ones.
Pimple on the cheek in the baby
Small white pimples in newborns (miles) are normal. Their appearance is due to the fact that the sebaceous glands of the newborn still do not perform their function well enough, therefore their ducts are often clogged. Also, the acne count is affected by the features of maternal hormones - the baby is born with a high level of maternal hormones in the blood. During the first few days, this level stabilizes, but some unpleasant reactions are possible.
Seeing small white heads on tender infant cheeks, do not panic. Compliance with basic hygiene standards will help to avoid complications, and pimples will go away on their own - you do not need to squeeze them out specially, lubricate them with green or iodine. Tell the pediatrician about the problem - it will help you choose the best care product.
Basic diagnostic methods
Before you find 10 mistakes in your relationship with the skin, make sure that acne on the cheeks is not the result of health problems. To do this, you will need to undergo a medical examination and pass a few tests.
Analysis for hormones. In acne, in most cases, hormonal imbalance is to blame. If acne bothers you more and more often, take an analysis and act according to its results and the appointments of the endocrinologist.
General and biochemical analysis of blood. It will help to identify the presence of an inflammatory process, as well as a lack of vitamins and minerals.
Food allergy analysis. If the body does not take certain foods, they can be a constant cause of inflammation.
The dependence of nutrition on acne on the cheeks
There was an article in which I examined in detail how nutrition affects acne on the face, you can read here.
What you need to remember from this note.
When you eat a lot of fatty foods (fas food) or a lot simple carbohydrates (Coca Cola), then all this affects the skin of the face, including on the cheeks. This is due to the fact that the body becomes a lot of fat, which accumulates in the cells, including the sebaceous glands. Therefore, the skin begins to quickly grow fat, pores clog, and of course, as a result, blackheads appear.
The most interesting thing here is that acne begins to sprinkle on the whole face, and if earlier you had problems with acne on your cheeks, then with heavy consumption of fatty foods, problem significantly aggravated.
Acne on the right cheek, why on the right
Have you noticed that acne mainly sprinkles on the right cheek? I think everyone made such observations. Now let's try to figure it out.
There are three main factors that contribute to this distribution.
1. The right cheek constantly in contact with foreign objects. Here it can be attributed: the phone or you just like to sleep on the right side, the factor can be a lot, watch yourself.
2. Propped up by hand cheek. This also can not be done, because because of this, bring yourself extra bacteria on the skin.
3. Well, the third reason I will express my IMHO. Physiologically right lung more than the left, this difference is due to the fact that the heart is on the left side and therefore the left lung is smaller than the right.
Therefore, you can do conclusion, if the right lung is larger, then the toxin also accumulates more, hence the pattern that acne mainly focuses on the right side.
Accordingly, the greater the impact of adverse conditions for our lungs, the more inflammation will be on the right side.
Treatment for women and men
The treatment is divided into two parts, we remove the acne itself and prevent their further appearance.
Point number 1. We remove acne.
At this point, everyone starts to panic, how? how to do it? Friends do not need to complicate! Your main task is to kill bacteria, how to do it? Of course, antibacterial drugs.
For myself, I have allocated two fixed assets that will help 100%. Their main advantage is the presence of an antibiotic in the composition.
You can say a lot about the dangers of taking antibiotics, but in this case, you won’t take them inside, but use them externally.
1. Chatterbox with chloramphenicol . Let me guess, half the readers are already closing the article, they say, they heard somewhere that the talker has not been comme il faut for a long time. Nothing of the kind, this is one of the most effective acne remedies of all time!
If we compare the price and efficiency, then the efficiency is huge. I already wrote about this medicine. All details of cooking and usage chips can be found here.
2. Zinerite . I am sure everyone has heard about this advertised tool, because there is plenty of advertising everywhere: television, the Internet. Link to the article
My opinion on this drug. Effective, easy to use, quickly kills bacteria. These advantages are what you need for proper treatment, but the price is too high! 700 rubles per month of use is a lot (: Many acne fighters will say it makes sense to buy medicine for 700 rubles, if you can do this for 70 rubles.
The conclusion in terms of treatment is very simple. There is a desire to overpay, then buy Zinerite, but I believe that why not spend extra money in such a crisis time! Chatterbox is an optimal medicine with amazing efficacy at an affordable price.
Item number 2. Prevented.
First of all, you need to consider your age. If you are a teenager and you are heavily strewn with acne, then figure out your lifestyle.
- There are bad habits, give them up.
- Eat with an abundance of fatty foods, then learn to eat properly.
- Limit fatty and fried foods, well, do not forget about simple carbohydrates
- Do not touch your cheeks with your hands.
Item number 3. Prevention
To cleanse pores and remove traces after acne (post-acne), I can recommend a white clay cleansing mask
It was noted that women under stress are more likely to suffer from acne. Stress is the trigger. Through nerve endings, it affects the production of neuropeptides, which in turn stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more fat. In people suffering from acne, a greater number of nerve endings and the number of nerve fibers were detected.
Nutritional causes of rashes
Unhealthy eating habits are one of the common causes of acne. Defects of the skin of the face appear if an excess of animal fats and insufficient amounts of vitamins A and E are supplied with food. Also, rashes can be one of the manifestations of intolerance to the product (mild allergies). It is quite easy to deal with “food” rashes - you need to adjust your diet so that all the necessary substances enter the body.
Nutrition and Habits
Foods high in carbohydrates can increase the concentration of insulin in the blood. Insulin, in turn, increases the level of androgens. The result of this connection is an increase in sebum production and acne.
With existing rashes, excessive consumption of seafood, as well as food with a high content of iodine and bromine, can aggravate the situation.
Diet for acne is considered one of the links in complex therapy. Foods rich in fiber, omega-3 acid, vitamins A, C, and E. should be introduced into the diet.
One of the factors contributing to the appearance of acne is the habit of smoking. Nicotine reduces the concentration of vitamin E and increases the production of fat.
Bowel disease is the most common cause of rashes in the cheek area.
Unlike the previous group, these reasons are more serious and difficult to eliminate. In diseases of the small intestine, which are combined under the general name malabsorption syndrome, the absorption of nutrients is impaired. This leads to the fact that the patient’s body lacks important products, despite the fact that they are supplied in sufficient quantities with food.
Colon diseases are accompanied by abundant formation of gases and toxins and their absorption in the blood. This leads to chronic intoxication.Both that, and another leads to deterioration of appearance, in particular - to various rashes in the field of cheeks.
Fast food and trans fats are not good for the body as a whole - this is an established fact. But they continue to argue about the direct relationship of food and acne. Those who are convinced that such an addiction exist are encouraged to stay away from a range of products.
White flour and sugar products with a high glycemic index provoke the release of insulin - a hormone that is controlled by testosterone.
Milk. It may contain hormones and growth factors that affect the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
Why do pimples appear on the cheeks
Each of us dreams of having healthy, beautiful skin. By the appearance of the dermis, one can judge the state of human health.
Pallor of the cheeks, lack of blush, age spots, small, large inflamed acne on the face, other dermatological defects cause psychological discomfort, signal systemic malfunctions in the body, impaired functioning of internal organs.
People with a fatty type of dermis are at risk, since their sebaceous glands produce a large amount of subcutaneous fat, which clogs the enlarged pores.
This creates optimal conditions for the settlement of pathogenic microflora. Dust, dirt, pathogenic agents that provoke inflammation get into the enlarged pores, which causes the appearance of subcutaneous acne.
Causes of acne on the cheeks:
- hormonal imbalance,
- bad habits, unbalanced diet,
- chronic systemic pathologies in the work of the digestive tract:
- failures in the functioning of the cardiovascular, endocrine system,
- metabolic disorder in the body, dysbiosis,
- decrease in the protective (barrier) function of the epidermis,
- hypo-vitamin deficiency,
- violation of trophic tissue of the face,
- genetic predisposition
- decreased immunity, weakened body resistance.
Acne on the cheeks often appears during puberty. The reason is an excessive concentration of progesterone in the blood. Women are concerned about a similar problem before the onset of menstruation, in the first, last trimester of pregnancy.
Pimple is a common, colloquial name for a whole group of skin rashes.
During normal work of the whole body, skin, its sebaceous and sweat glands, rashes do not occur. With regular hygiene, sweat and sebum do not linger on the skin for a long time, and normal microflora does not allow the development of pathogenic microorganisms. The skin pores are open.
But sometimes in a debugged system at different levels a failure may occur.
- If the sebaceous plug and epidermal particles begin to liberate abundantly in the pores of the skin, accumulate and linger, then comedone is formed. Initially, it is white in color - white dots, but soon the contents oxidize and turn black, these are already blackheads. Comedones are open - surface rashes with access to the surface of the skin, they can come out of it themselves. And closed - deeper
- If an infectious process begins to develop in the comedone, inflammation begins - this is already a papule. It looks like a small sore spot of red or pink color, painful on palpation and turning pale when pressed.
- If inflammation continues to develop, the papule becomes a pustule. The pustule is larger in size and already has a purulent content in the center, visible as a white dot - a rod. Sometimes a pustule forms immediately in place of an inflamed comedone.
- Pustules can be multiple, forming painful red areas. connected by purulent fistulas. They are more extensive and deeper, can cause serious complications, such as an abscess or phlegmon. And if pustules are amenable to conservative treatment, then with complications you will have to consult a surgeon.
- If the pustule is solitary, it can turn into a boil or carbuncle - a large and deep area of inflammation and a large amount of purulent discharge. This type of rash requires surgical treatment (opening and drainage).
Causes of Acne on the Cheeks
Acne on the cheeks appears at different ages. In a newborn baby, they become a consequence of increased production of sebum due to the residual amount of maternal hormones or an unexpected surge in their own. For teenagers, such rashes are a normal physiological process associated with hormonal changes.
After 20 years, acne is no longer normal. If acne appears on the cheeks, the causes can be either internal or external. Among them:
- The occurrence of hormonal imbalance,
- Disruption of the endocrine, digestive systems, in women - reproductive,
- Weakened immunity,
- Vitamin deficiency
- Improper metabolism
- Pregnancy, premenstrual period, menopause,
- Nervous disorders, neuropsychiatric syndromes,
- The use of low-quality decorative and care cosmetics,
- Allergic response to taking medication.
Doctors also share the prerequisites for the appearance of comedones and purulent formations. The first arise because of:
- Gastric diseases
- Wrong diet
- Features of the sebaceous glands,
- Exposure to toxins and external environmental factors,
- A strict diet that causes a lack of vitamins and minerals.
Ulcers on the cheeks are formed due to the inflammatory process after infection. It provokes:
- Damage to the spleen and liver,
- Hot climate,
- Infection of the skin,
- High testosterone
- Active production of skin secretion.
Small red acne on the cheeks
This type of defect most often occurs due to hormonal disruptions, but can also occur with other pathologies - nervous and allergic diseases. The appearance of small red rashes should alert the patient, and if they do not pass on their own within a week, and even more new acne appears, you should consult a doctor.
Treatment of a similar pathology at home It is carried out quite easily - a provoking factor should be identified and eliminated, sometimes this can be done independently. Usually an acne provocateur is something new - a cosmetic product, a food product. Eliminate it and you can enjoy smooth skin again.
Acne as a sign of internal diseases
Oriental medicine still uses a technique by which if there is a problem with some internal organ, then this affects the condition of the skin in a certain area. So if acne appeared on the right cheek, then a person has problems with the right lung, if acne on the left cheek, respectively, with the left. If the area of rashes is limited in the upper part of the cheeks, on the cheekbones - you should check the stomach. Of course, such a technique is not a reason to make a diagnosis, but can serve as an occasion for an examination of internal organs.
What does the appearance of acne mean?
There is a theory according to which, according to the place of localization of acne, it is possible to determine malfunctions in the work of various internal organs. So, it is believed that acne on the cheeks (right or left) indicates problems with the lungs, right and left, respectively. But while there is no evidence, we will leave this question to the doctors of alternative medicine.
Other causes of acne on the face
Clean, healthy skin depends on our diet. Alcohol, nicotine, carbonated drinks, sweets, excessive consumption of flour, fatty, spicy dishes, marinades, foods rich in easily digestible carbohydrates (fast food) significantly worsen the condition of the dermis.
An unbalanced diet, bad habits can provoke a metabolic disorder in the body, will cause rashes on the face, body.
Often acne is nothing more than a manifestation of an allergic reaction to the effects of chemical components, allergens of various nature.
Long-term use of pharmacological preparations, exposure to toxic substances, poisons, chemicals, food colors, preservatives often provoke dermatological problems (dermatitis, dermatoses) of various etiologies.
If you neglect the systematic care of the dermis, it is incorrect to care for the epidermis, use poor-quality cosmetics, the fat produced by the sebaceous glands, mixing with dirt, then clogs the pores with dust, creating a favorable environment for the development of pathogenic flora.
Diagnosis: symptoms and signs
Acne on the cheeks can be recognized by the following signs:
- The formation of open comedones. The accumulation of sebum clogs the pore, dust particles get into it. This type of acne does not cause pain, but is unattractive in terms of aesthetics,
- The appearance of papules. Red acne occurs due to infection of comedones and is characterized by an inflammatory process,
- The emergence of pustules. These are white formations containing pus admixture of sucrose,
- Nodal seals. They differ in a crimson color, are localized on both cheeks. Inflammation is not always present.
For an accurate diagnosis, comparing the situation with the photo is not enough, you need to visit a dermatologist for examination and appointment of tests. In some cases, a visit to specialized specialists for an additional examination is recommended.
Touch your face with your hands
The bearded meme “straighten your back and remove your left hand from the face” should be declared the main acne prevention measure. Just remember: you can only touch your face with your cleanly washed hands. And it’s better not to touch it again.
Before getting rid of acne on the cheeks, you should find out the causes of the appearance. To do this, you may need to undergo a hormonal profile test, take an insulin test, a dexamethasone test (for hormones of the adrenal cortex), a glucose tolerance test (for diabetes). Take a blood test to examine the liver and kidneys. In some cases, scraping is necessary to exclude demodicosis and folliculitis. Have a gynecological examination.
Large subcutaneous internal pimple on the cheek
Internal acne is a type of comedone that occurs when the ducts of the sebaceous glands are deeply blocked. At the same time, the sebaceous plug is located deep under the skin, a slight elevation is visible on the surface, which is not painful when touched, but looks ugly.
The formation of large subcutaneous acne is associated with a disruption of the sebaceous glands, a deficiency of essential vitamins, and an excessively thick epidermis. A positive feature is that such comedones rarely inflame, if you do not touch them, they pass by themselves.
What acne on the cheeks signal
Subcutaneous internal acne on the forehead, cheeks, neck, other parts of the body can signal various functional malfunctions in the work of internal organs. Skin rashes, acne, inflamed acne on the face can indicate:
- Problems in the digestive tract.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Intoxication, poisoning by poisons, toxins, chemical components.
- Endocrine pathology.
- Staphylococcal, streptococcal infection.
- Infection with parasitic worms (helminths)
- Diseases of the urinary system.
If the rash appeared at an older age, after 30-40 years, dermatological pathology can indicate problems in the functioning of the digestive tract, indicate a metabolic disorder, intoxication of the body.
Acne on the cheeks is a sure sign of problems with the intestines, stomach.
Skin rashes are often noted with dysbiosis - a sharp increase in the activity of pathogenic microflora in the intestine. If pimples periodically appear in the upper left cheek, a similar condition is noted with cardiovascular pathologies.
When large acne is located on the surface of the cheekbones of the right or left cheek, the person may have a problem with the right or left lung. Skin rashes, acne (acne) are diagnosed with thyroid diseases.
If subcutaneous acne does not pass for a long period of time, we recommend that you undergo a comprehensive examination immediately, consult an endocrinologist.
Subcutaneous deep, severely inflamed pimples on the cheeks are a symptom of hormonal disruptions in the body. Similar symptoms are noted with gynecological diseases, diseases of the reproductive system.
Acne associated with hormonal disorders should be treated under the supervision of a gynecologist and dermatovenerologist. Treatment begins with the restoration of the hormonal background and the elimination of the causes that provoked its failure. In parallel, a dermatologist evaluates skin problems and prescribes local remedies.
If the area affected by acne is extensive, Spironolactone may be taken. It is a diuretic that can suppress androgens and thus contribute to a decrease in the secretion of the sebaceous glands. The same drug is prescribed as a therapeutic agent for premenstrual syndrome.
Combined oral contraceptives are the drug of choice, the effect of which is achieved in 70-100% of cases. These are such means as Diane 35, Yarina, Novinet, Janine, Regulon. Contraceptives are prescribed primarily for women aged 20 to 40 years old, for whom treatment with local drugs has failed. Such treatment is also shown for pustular elements concentrated in the lower part of the face, on the cheeks and on the neck.
In this case, a noticeable improvement in the skin condition is observed in women only after 3-4 months of taking contraceptives. In severe cases, therapy can reach 9 months and even years. There are side effects from this treatment. They can be manifested by nausea, engorgement of the mammary glands. Such side effects in most cases self-disappear 1-2 months after the start of treatment. The most serious negative effect is a change in the state of the blood, it becomes more viscous. For this reason, oral contraceptives are not prescribed for women with varicose veins, hypertension, heavy smokers after a 35-year milestone.
When acne appears during menopause, they are accompanied by such menopause symptoms as insomnia, mood swings, sweating, and manifestations of vegetative vascular dystonia. In this case, therapy is prescribed, the purpose of which is to stimulate the hormonal function of the ovaries. Such drugs as Klimodien, Klimen, Angelik make up for the lack of estrogen in the body and have a positive effect on the condition of the skin.
White acne on the cheeks
White acne is the initial stage of acne. These are formations on the epidermis of a relatively small size, not painful, not itchy. They are mainly an aesthetic problem, especially if there are a lot of them. They arise mainly due to malnutrition. With good skin care, they quickly pass away, at this stage there are no serious pathologies.
Purulent pimple on the cheek
This is a more serious variant of the disease. It is formed when a bacterial infection joins the blockage of the sebaceous ducts. Active inflammation causes pain, redness, itching, and other symptoms. In addition to an aesthetic defect, such acne is a threat to patients with weakened immunity - they are a constant focus of infection.
Such itchy acne can occur with hormonal disruptions, skin diseases, in pregnant women.Another problem - from such purulent acne often there are marked traces in the form of grooves on the skin, red spots, which are then difficult to get rid of.
Today, there are many therapeutic methods, effective, affordable cosmetic spa procedures that will help eliminate the symptoms of an unpleasant dermatological problem. Do not delay with a visit to a medical center, since the inflammatory process will not go away on its own.
We do not recommend uncontrolled self-medication. Inflammation can go into the deeper layers of the dermis, which will provoke the appearance of skin rashes not only on the face, but throughout the body.
The choice of therapeutic methods is selected individually by a dermatologist, a cosmetologist. To get rid of acne on the cheeks will help:
- physiotherapeutic procedures
- drug therapy
- cosmetic surgery
- proper skin care
- spa procedures, techniques of hardware, injection cosmetology,
- the use of alternative medicine.
Treatment should be comprehensive.
A positive result can only be achieved by establishing the root cause of dermatological pathology. According to the results of the study, the physician will be able to choose an adequate effective therapeutic therapy.
Why acne appears on the cheeks, the reasons are listed in this video:
The duration of treatment therapy depends on the stage, form of the dermatological problem, the root cause, age, individual characteristics of the body.
The place of antibiotics in acne therapy
Treatment for women with acne is rarely carried out with antibacterial drugs. Only with multiple inflammatory elements is it possible to prescribe them. One of the antibiotics used in therapy is Unidox Solutab. Other antibiotics (tetracycline, erythromycin, clindomycin, minocycline) are prescribed for long courses of up to 6 months. However, such prolonged treatment often leads to dysbiosis of the skin and intestines. Therefore, antibiotics are used in extreme cases when other drugs do not have a therapeutic effect.
The main means of treating acne on the cheeks are ointments, lotions and creams for topical application. Given the current condition of the patient, can be assigned:
- Zinerite containing erythromycin and zinc acetate,
- Baziron AS and Skinoren with azelaic acid as the active substance,
- Klenzit C, which includes clindamycin and is adaptal,
- Differin containing a retinoid.
With their help, the production of skin secretion is normalized, the activity of infectious agents is suppressed, inflammation is eliminated, sebaceous plugs dissolve.
Wipe your face with a towel
It sounds strange, but true: if you do not change your face towel every single day, get ready to lose the fight against acne on your cheeks. After all, a wet towel is a hotbed of bacteria. The advice here is one - to use disposable paper napkins instead.
Why do not acne on the cheeks?
The simplest explanation of why this happens is that the causes of acne have not been eliminated. Until the diagnosis is carried out properly, rashes can appear regularly, recover after each course of treatment and recur. There is only one way to deal with this phenomenon - a thorough diagnosis and elimination of the causes of acne.
The cause of long-term acne on the chin, cheeks and forehead can be:
- Chronic digestive tract diseases
- Chronic hormonal pathologies, hormonal medications,
Improper facial care also contributes to relapse.
Patients can be prescribed pharmacological agents of a complex effect, systematic medicines for the treatment of chronic diseases, the action of which is aimed at stopping the main symptoms, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, hormonal agents.
If the appearance of acne on the cheeks is provoked by violations in the digestive tract, therapeutic treatment is aimed at normalizing the digestive processes. Enzyme preparations, adsorbents, probiotics, a special therapeutic diet, and drugs that accelerate the elimination of toxins from the body are prescribed.
Vitamins of groups B, C, D, A, E, PP will help improve the condition of the epidermis. With acne, severe skin rashes, special healing creams, ointments, gels, liniments, which include an antibiotic, extracts of medicinal plants, will help.
For external treatment, Vishnevsky Ointment, Zinerit, Cortisol, Skinneron is used. With deep internal acne on the cheeks, ointment from a badiaga, special pharmacy talkers are used.
Metrogil gel has proven itself very well. The drug based on metronidazole penetrates into the deeper layers of the dermis, activates metabolic processes at the cellular level, accelerates the regeneration processes, relieves inflammation, redness, itching.
To achieve a better effect, external agents should be applied twice a day to the previously cleaned epidermis.
Treatment can be combined with complex medicines, traditional medicine. If acne appeared as a result of parasitic infections, a dermatologist after special tests will prescribe complex antiparasitic drugs.
Why acne may appear in 30, 40, 50 years
It happens like this: teenage acne is already behind us, time has passed. And by the age of 30-40 they began to appear again. In this case, external factors can cause them (see above). Or the reason is in some kind of disruption of the body.
- At 30 years of age, hormonal disorders are most common (with diseases of the endocrine glands, the gastrointestinal tract, liver and kidneys, and ovarian pathology).
- At age 40, metabolic disorders, stress, diseases of the gallbladder and pancreas accumulate.
- In 50 years, in addition to the previous ones, acne and premenopausal changes or menopause, diabetes mellitus can give a picture.
Acne therapy preference is given to local remedies:
- If most of the rashes are comedones, it is recommended to use Skinoren gel, Differin (cream, gel).
- With pustular elements, Baziron AS, Dalacin are more effective.
- For the quickest resorption of abscesses, Ichthyol ointment is used.
The girls need for cosmetic care, and the reluctance to get redness and irritation during treatment, are taken into account. The special need for soothing cosmetic products can be seen in the treatment with Baziron and Differin. Since drugs often cause dermatitis, medical cosmetics is a mandatory addition to therapy:
- With irritation, the Apezac emulsion helps well.
- Gifak Plus gel is recommended for cleansing.
- For resorption of large formations, patches are issued - special patches.
- With a large number of comedones, it is recommended to use aloe juice, gels based on citric acid. They soften plugs and help cleanse pores.
Local retinoids are prescribed (Tretinoin, Retinol). Retinoids remain one of the most effective groups of drugs against comedones. Active substances of retinoids relieve inflammation, reduce the level of secretion of the sebaceous glands, prevent clogging of the follicles, and have an antioxidant effect. For women, taking retinoids is also an opportunity to reduce the depth of age wrinkles and their number.
Other Acne Treatments
Improve the condition of the epidermis will help nutritious, therapeutic, moisturizing masks, steam baths. An excellent result is noted after applying the techniques of modern hardware cosmetology.
To get rid of skin rashes on the face will help:
- ozone therapy
- laser resurfacing of the face.
Cosmetology procedures can be combined with basic therapeutic therapy, alternative medicine.
A cream designed to specifically eliminate acne. With his help:
- The number of rashes decreases,
- Dermis disinfected
- The skin is leveled,
- Cellular regeneration accelerates,
- The complexion improves.
The effectiveness of the product lies in a special composition containing floral hydrolytes, azelaic acid and D-panthenol.
The product with three types of natural clay and eucalyptus reduces sebum secretion and skin imperfections.
In addition to the absorbing clay of kaolin, it contains sugarcane extract for comfortable exfoliation, chamomile extracts for disinfection and relieve irritation, orange and lemon for moisturizing and freshness of the skin.
Acne location on the face
It is believed that the "geography" of the location of acne can also suggest the cause of their occurrence, indicate a diseased organ. So, starting from the top:
- Forehead. Acne in this area does not always indicate a disease. If the skin is oily or combination, rashes very easily appear in this area - with hygiene errors, for example. If pimples are permanent, the cause may be diseases of the digestive system - the intestines, stomach, pancreas, gall bladder. Sometimes it is enough to adjust the diet so that the rashes disappear.
- Nose. On it and in healthy people, the skin is most oily, prone to the appearance of black dots, enlarged pores and oily sheen. If it is not possible to correct these phenomena with the help of proper care and nutrition, the cause is possibly due to diseases of the endocrine glands (adrenal glands, pituitary, thyroid gland), or liver disorders.
- The chin. This area, together with the neck, is a “mirror” of the female genital organs. If there are many and often rashes on the chin that are not related to the menstrual cycle, consultation and examination of the gynecologist is necessary. The causes may be various inflammatory diseases of the uterus and appendages, an irregular cycle, polycystic ovary syndrome. Sometimes, during the transfer of respiratory diseases, a decrease in immunity occurs, and herpetic vesicles may appear on the chin.
- Lips and area around the mouth. With frequent rashes in this zone (not herpes), diseases of the peripheral nervous system (vegetative-vascular dystonia, for example) are possible. It also manifests digestive disorders associated with a violation of microflora (dysbiosis). This often happens after taking antibacterial drugs.
- Infraorbital region. Lower eyelid. Acne is a rare occurrence here. If they occur, it is necessary to check the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Cheeks. Display the work of the respiratory system. The left cheek corresponds to the left lung, the right to the right. It is not uncommon in this area that rashes are observed in smokers and with occupational hazards.
Home Care: Recommendations and Rules
The skin of women suffering from acne is dehydrated and more sensitive. This is due to the use of alcohol-containing products during the treatment of acne in youth and to the natural processes of skin aging. Therefore, daily care for problem skin is an integral part of a comprehensive treatment. It is not only aimed at treating acne, but also at eliminating dehydration, aging of the skin, pigmentation, rosacea.
At home, it is important to follow simple rules:
- Wash yourself with gentle cleansers with a neutral or slightly acidic pH. Effective products with sulfuric and salicylic acid (2%).
- Try not to use scrubs and astringents during acne treatment. These funds can irritate the skin and worsen the course of the disease.
- Use lotions with salicylic and glycolic acids. They remove excess fat from the skin and prevent the development of hyperkeratosis.
- Apply a light moisturizer to prevent skin overdrying.
- Use water-based sunscreens and sprays.
Very often, when acne occurs on the cheeks of women, the reason lies in the failure of the endocrine system. Therefore, acne treatment should be carried out by several doctors: a dermatologist, gynecologist, endocrinologist and cosmetologist. Acne is a chronic disease and only an integrated approach to treatment will significantly increase the period of remission. The use of cosmetics makes it possible to reduce the duration of treatment and the dose of drugs, and also provides the necessary skin care that has undergone age-related changes.
Two hormones are most often to blame for the appearance of acne in women.
The first is testosterone. In women, it is produced normally, but in small quantities. If it becomes more than normal, a violation occurs, hyperandrogenism. One of the signs is just increased oily skin and acne. Testosterone can be intensely produced during stress, high physical exertion, and training.
The second hormone is progesterone. It begins to prevail in the second phase of the menstrual cycle. With its increased production, acne can be during the entire menstrual cycle. This happens with ovarian disease.
Treatment of pimples with alternative methods
In conjunction with general therapeutic therapy, doctors recommend the use of alternative medicine. Alcohol tincture of calendula, string, propolis helps with acne.
With deep subcutaneous acne, doctors recommend treating the skin with propolis, fresh aloe juice. On inflamed acne, after cleansing the skin, you can apply the flesh of the plant.
Fix the compress overnight with a bactericidal patch. After waking up, apply a nourishing, moisturizing cream. With superficial, allergic dermatitis, sea buckthorn, grape, chamomile oil will help to eliminate rashes well.
How to get rid of acne on the cheeks at home, this video will tell:
To improve the trophism of damaged tissues, two or three times a week, cosmetologists recommend applying moisturizing, nourishing, fortified masks based on white, blue clay. Wipe the skin with soda-saline solutions, ice cubes.
For everyday washing, apply decoctions of medicinal plants.
Correct, systematic care will help prevent acne and improve the condition of the epidermis. Apply high-quality cosmetics, pamper your skin with nourishing, moisturizing creams.
Clean your dermis daily with tonics, alcohol lotions. Choose cosmetics based on the type of epidermis. Observe the regimen, daily routine, review the diet, give up bad habits.
In the early stages, it is much easier to eliminate the manifestations of a dermatological problem. In order to achieve the desired result, restore skin beauty, health, follow all the recommendations of your doctor.
Crystaline - acne spot cream
Using cream spot helps:
- Normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands,
- Provide the skin with the necessary amount of oxygen,
- Reduce inflammation by killing bacteria
- Eliminate acne and the effects of scarring tissue,
- Deep cleanse pores.
The cream formula included sage and Asiatic centella, D-panthenol, tocopherol, tea tree phyto-essence, azelaic and salicylic acids.
Mask for black spots and acne Black Mask
The black mask is specially designed to reduce the number of black spots and acne. When applied, the composition completely fills the pores, leaving no room for dead particles of epithelium, dust, dirt, sebaceous plugs.
A similar effect occurs due to the presence in the composition of bamboo coal, vegetable oil complex, essential oil of grapefruit, young wheat germ, collagen, elastin and panthenol.
Antibiotics and systemic retinoids
If there are papules and pustules on the cheeks, it is recommended to combine local treatment with the use of systemic internal drugs. These include antibiotics and retinoids. The first affect infectious agents, destroying them from the inside.
The drugs of the first choice are drugs based on doxycycline and lincosamide. It is permissible to start a course of treatment after the recommendation of a dermatologist. Tablets have a significant number of side effects and contraindications. In addition, the active substances cause resistance of pathogenic microorganisms, therefore, it is necessary to carefully adhere to the recommendations and not exceed the duration of the course.
Severe acne can sometimes be treated only with systemic retinoids, among which Roaccutane is considered the most effective. A drug requires a long course of treatment, but due to the large number of restrictions it is rarely prescribed to women. It is strictly forbidden to undergo retinoid therapy for pregnant women or when trying to conceive - the active component causes serious pathologies in the fetus.
Acne treatment is sometimes recommended to be supplemented with procedures that include the use of folk remedies:
- Prepare a tincture of calendula flowers and vodka. Wipe the affected areas with it daily
- Dilute the blue clay powder to the state of slurry and apply on face for 10-15 minutes,
- Make a decoction of celandine, oak bark, coltsfoot, chamomile and wash them instead of water,
- Finely chop the fleshy leaves of aloe and stick to the abscesses using a bactericidal patch,
- Wipe acne on the cheeks with a half of fresh tomato.
One of the conditions for a complete cure is a deep and thorough facial cleansing. For maximum effectiveness, dermatologists recommend visiting salon procedures:
- Chemical and mechanical peels that completely cleanse the skin,
- Laser resurfacing, a positive effect on the dermis, eliminates even the most complex manifestations of acne,
- Ozone therapy destroys bacteria, normalizes blood circulation,
- Mesotherapy with the help of special cocktails deeply cleanses and narrows pores,
- Cryotherapy treats acne due to exposure to cold,
- Ultrasonic peeling that helps to cure various dermatological diseases.
Additional methods include special skin care and a specific diet. For skin prone to acne, you should choose cosmetics with special markings that confirm its effectiveness in rashes. Heavy oils and fatty creams that additionally clog pores should be discarded.
It is important to resort to special scrubs and masks once a week to help cleanse the dermis, during the day to use special means to disinfect the face and objects that come into contact with it.
Caring procedures are divided into 3 parts:
- Cleansing with gels, foams, lotions,
- Toning with cosmetic waters, not only special developments are effective, but also hydrolytes based on medicinal plants,
- Moisturizing and nourishing creams with a light texture.
For makeup, you should choose a hypoallergenic moisturizer, on which powder is applied. Such a combination evens out the complexion without the use of tonal means.
Properly selected diet is the key to maintaining skin health. It is necessary to exclude from the menu fast carbohydrates, salty and fatty foods, spicy dishes. All this increases the production of skin secretion.
It is important that the body receives a sufficient amount of zinc, fiber and vitamins daily. These substances regulate the secretory glands, protect the intestines from dysbiosis and have beneficial effects on the epidermis and dermis.
Medications for acne on the cheeks
Preparations for the treatment of acne are quite diverse. Most commonly assigned groups of remedies:
- Intestinal sorbents (activated carbon, smecta),
- Enzyme preparations - both of these groups improve the digestion and absorption of nutrients,
- Vitamin complexes containing retinol and tocopherol,
- Antibiotics - reduce the activity of bacteria on the skin, are prescribed for severe cases,
- Antihistamines (antiallergic) medications to reduce itching.
The doctor selects the right medicine, this is done individually, often the specialist has to go through trial and error.
Fruit acids and apricot kernel powder in the composition delicately remove dead cells, make the skin smooth and radiant.
Salicylic acid and exfoliating microparticles help even out skin tone and relief, absorbent charcoal cleanses pores, and blueberry extract helps to narrow, refresh and nourish skin with antioxidants.
In the large intestine, the digestion process takes place with the active participation of its microflora (lactobacillus and bifidobacteria). Therefore, the most common violation at this level is dysbiosis.
Dysbacteriosis is a process of disruption of the normal intestinal microflora. With it, bacteria actively develop, causing processes of decay and fermentation, and as a result, intoxication of the body occurs. It causes a skin reaction in the form of rashes.
Salon skin treatments with a tendency to acne are primarily aimed at cleansing and reducing sebum secretion.
Vacuum, ultrasonic, mechanical - all of them are aimed directly at the removal of comedones and pustules. Subsequent masks and care reduce greasiness and tighten pores.
Chemical acid peeling is indicated for oily skin, as it reduces rashes and oily sheen.
The combination of alkaline solutions and galvanic current deeply cleanses the pores, improves microcirculation and has a beneficial effect on acne-prone skin.
90% of people in the pores of the skin live a small tick - Demodex. It feeds on dead epidermal cells and the secretion of the sebaceous glands. Normally, there are not many individuals, just enough to cleanse the skin. Their amount is regulated by the immune system.
If for some reason the immunity weakens or malfunctions, the mites begin to multiply rapidly and eat not only dead skin cells, but also healthy ones. After that, waste products are released in large quantities and die. These foods and tick contents cause allergies and inflammation to develop inside the skin.
There is a disease - demodicosis. It can appear on the skin of the face (in the form of a specific type of acne, red acne, seborrhea, purulent pustules) or hair, including ciliary (blepharitis and ciliary demodecosis), as well as affect the external auditory canal, nasolabial folds, neck and chin.
Acne Cheek Skin Care Tips
A few simple care rules to help reduce acne:
- You need to wash yourself twice a day - in the morning and in the evening - using special anti-acne products,
- After washing, the skin should be treated with an antiseptic - chlorhexidine or miramistin,
- You can and should use moisturizing and nourishing creams and masks,
- Do not use local antiseptics based on alcohol and hydrogen peroxide,
- Be sure to use daily cleansing scrubs.
These measures are effective in the complex treatment of pathology, since they do not eliminate the cause.
|Name of facility||Act||Components|
|Corrective care against imperfections Normaderm 24 hours of hydration, Vichy||Moisturizes the skin, controls oily sheen, corrects imperfections.|