The female body is very sensitive to external and internal factors, and the reproductive system primarily responds to them. Violation of the menstrual cycle can provoke a banal move to another city, as well as a serious illness. Therefore, before taking any action to normalize the cycle, you should know exactly the reason for the changes.
In some cases, against the background of hormonal disorders in women, menstruation is delayed, but this can not always be caused by the onset of pregnancy, so you need to know how to quickly cause menstruation with a delay at home. In order for the provocation of critical days to pass without consequences for the body, before using any of the methods proposed below, you should definitely consult a gynecologist.
About the delay - what provokes it?
Normally, the duration of the menstrual cycle varies between 21-35 days. The first half of the cycle is called follicular, at which time the follicle grows, and the inner layer of the uterus prepares to accept a fertilized egg. The duration of this period on average takes 2 weeks, then ovulation occurs, in which the follicle breaks, and the ovary enters the uterine cavity. With hormonal failure, the course of processes in the follicular phase slows down, which leads to a delay in critical days. At the same time, the follicle ripening time, and therefore ovulation, moves on the 16-20th day of the cycle, the onset of delayed menstruation falls on 1-15 days after the expected date.
The second half of the cycle is called the luteal phase, it is more stable, and in very rare cases, its duration increases by 3-5 days.
The absence of menstruation is the main symptom of a pregnancy, but if the test is negative, you should consider other possible reasons for the delay of menstruation except pregnancy:
- climate change that causes hormonal imbalances,
- strict diet,
- imbalance of progesterone and estrogen in the body,
- anorexia or obesity,
- psycho-emotional overstrain,
- chronic lack of sleep and fatigue,
- physical overload
- taking hormonal, anti-inflammatory and psychotropic drugs, as well as antibiotics,
- reproductive or endocrine system diseases,
- sexually transmitted diseases
- oral contraceptives and IUDs
- abortion artificially or spontaneously.
A visit to the doctor is recommended for both an adult and mature woman and a teenager during puberty with a long delay in menstruation.
Can I deal with the challenge of menstruation
Delayed menstruation is always triggered by any reason. In some cases, this is a harmless move or a slight overwork, but sometimes serious health problems can cause a lack of menstruation. Often a delay is a common situation for a woman whose cycle is not particularly regular, and in one month it is 24 days, and in another a new menstruation comes after 31 days. If the delay is a physiological feature of the body, caused by minor causes or a desired pregnancy, then you do not need to specifically call critical days in this case.
There is no need to call for a period when they are delayed for a period of 2 to 5 days. If menstruation is not more than 10 days, then first of all you need to do a pregnancy test.If it is positive, and there is no time to go to a specialist, you can use home remedies to induce menstruation, but remember that such an initiative is fraught with serious consequences, such as uterine bleeding and inflammatory processes in the uterus. In some cases, medications may not terminate the pregnancy, but have a detrimental effect on the further development of the fetus.
If the delay is very long and menstruation irregularities occur systematically, you should definitely consult a doctor.
When it’s dangerous to call regulation
There are situations in which it is dangerous for a woman’s health to artificially cause critical days:
- if the delay lasts a very long time (over a month). The cause of a long absence of menstruation can be an ectopic pregnancy, what is contraindicated when doing it is to interrupt the course with medication or alternative methods. It is eliminated solely by surgery, and self-activity can cause blood loss, incomplete removal of the embryo and complications on the liver and kidneys. If you do an independent termination of a normal pregnancy for such a long time, then this can lead not only to blood loss, but also to fatal outcome,
- when the intrauterine device caused a delay. In the first months after installing the IUD, a delay in menstruation is normal, because at this time the woman’s body adapts to the new hormonal background. If you call critical days artificially, you can cause rejection of the IUD, uterine injuries and bleeding,
- with hemophilia and diseases of the endocrine system,
- with prolonged use of hormone replacement therapy.
How to cause menstruation with a delay
Many women cause menstruation to prevent conception or to adjust the cycle for one reason or another. This can be done with the help of medicines that affect the hormonal background of a woman, with the help of drugs that activate blood circulation and muscle activity, as well as with the help of traditional medicine. Decoctions, infusions, reviewing the daily diet and adding spicy and spicy foods to it - all these methods, along with traditional medicine, can cause premature critical days.
We will consider all known methods of causing menstruation in more detail, we will also find out whether it is possible to accelerate the arrival of regul without harm to health.
How to provoke menstruation with drugs
To artificially provoke the onset of regulation, you can use drugs that have the following effect on the woman's body:
- you can drink hormonal pills so that your periods go, they should have components that reduce the concentration of estrogen in the blood,
- increase blood flow and improve blood circulation in the mucous layer of the uterus due to the warming effect that is on the lower body,
- the contractility of the uterus improves, which provokes the rapid detachment of its internal mucous layer.
Not all medications are safe to use, so only a doctor should prescribe them.
Medicines that can accelerate menstruation have a large number of contraindications and side effects, so they can be used only after consultation with a gynecologist and in the absence of pregnancy.
These drugs have a combined effect, if taken correctly, they can contribute to the onset of menstruation, and also prevent their arrival. To get the desired effect, you should correctly calculate the dosage and drink the drug at a certain time. If you drink progesterone before ovulation, that is, in the first half of the cycle, the concentration of estrogen decreases, and ovulation is postponed to a later date, which causes a delay in critical days. If you need to cause menstruation, then the drugs are drunk after ovulation.At this time, they increase the level of progesterone and contribute to the rapid thickening and loosening of the endometrium, which accelerates maturation and begins to exfoliate ahead of time. Here is an example of the most popular progesterones that can cause menstruation:
- Dufaston. The reception should begin two to three days before the expected start date of the critical days. The course is 5 days. If you do not sustain this period and abruptly stop taking the medicine, you can provoke uterine bleeding. If the delay is triggered by pregnancy, the drug does not adversely affect the fetus, so the lack of effect when trying to cause menstruation may mean that the woman is pregnant.
- Utrozhestan. This medication acts similarly to the previous one. But if Dufaston is available exclusively in tablet form, then Utrozhestan can also be bought in the form of vaginal suppositories. A side effect of oral tablets is drowsiness, it is absent in suppositories.
- Postinor. This is a progesterone drug. It must be taken once, but not more than 1 time in the menstruation cycle. Prolonged use of Postinor can cause hormonal disorders. The effect of the drug is visible after a maximum of 3 days.
- Norkolut. The main component of the drug is the hormone nortisterone, which suppresses the production of pituitary hormones that are involved in the synthesis of estrogen. Taking the drug should begin in the first half of the cycle, before ovulation begins. The course is 5 days. After completing the intake, menstruation begins in a few days. This drug is one of the methods of contraception, it prevents the onset of pregnancy, and can also trigger an early arrival of critical days.
All of the above drugs can not be taken with diseases of the mammary glands or circulatory system, with uterine bleeding, bronchial asthma and epilepsy. Serious consequences, such as persistent menstrual irregularities and infertility, can be caused by the uncontrolled use of these medications.
Taking the drug Mifegin or Mifepristone can provoke regulation even in the case of a normal uterine pregnancy, therefore only a doctor should prescribe it. Usually they are prescribed with a delay of 7-10 days and given only in a hospital setting. This rule cannot be violated, since there should be medical personnel nearby who can stop uterine bleeding. These medications not only disrupt the menstrual cycle, but also cause a number of side effects, such as pain in the lower abdomen, exacerbation of inflammation in the uterus and appendages, and spotting.
Of the homeopathic medicines that can cause menstruation, it is worth noting Pulsatilla granules. They are taken once (they need to be put under the tongue). The drug is based on bioactive additives that stimulate the production of sex hormones. Also, the drug calms the nervous system of women, which helps to cope with the delay, which is caused by stress and nervous disorders. Menstruation occurs 2-3 days after the completion of the medication. Since it is a serious allergen, you should consult your doctor before taking it.
If you need to urgently call critical days very urgently, it is best to use drugs that significantly enhance uterine contractions. A vivid example is Oxytocin and similar drugs. The drug is injected intramuscularly or intravenously. It is often used during childbirth so that a woman can quickly be born. If a woman does not know the exact reason for the delay, then such strong drugs should not be used, because menstruation can go a couple of hours after the injection, and this can lead to a miscarriage if the absence of critical days is caused by pregnancy.Oxytocin can also cause a decrease in blood pressure and an increase in heart rate.
Before using any of the above medications to cause premature regulation, you should definitely consult a doctor, since each of them has a number of contraindications and side effects.
How to cause menstruation folk remedies
Not every woman wants to use medications that cause menstruation. For this purpose, you can use folk remedies. Despite the fact that herbal recipes will not be as effective and fast-acting as synthetic drugs, they will certainly do less harm to the body.
High efficiency shows nettle infusion. To cook it, you need to fill half a glass of fresh herbs with 2 cups boiling water and insist 3-4 hours. The prepared drug should be drunk in one day in several doses. It is impossible to apply infusion for more than a day, since it can cause uterine bleeding. No less effective means are tinctures from fennel root or elecampane, as well as decoctions of verbena and oregano. We will talk about these and other medicinal herbs that stimulate the onset of menstruation in more detail.
Chamomile is a universal medicinal plant, which, among other things, provokes regulation. To accelerate the arrival of menstruation, you can douche with a decoction of chamomile, in the preparation of which 2 tablespoons of inflorescences per 1 liter of water are used.
To speed up your period, you can drink a decoction of chamomile. To prepare it, you need 3 table. lies. pour its flowers with a glass of boiling water and take 0.5 cups of sutra before bedtime.
What may be the delay of the menstrual cycle
The menstrual cycle is one of the most significant manifestations of complex biological processes in a woman’s body, characterized by cyclical changes in the functions of the reproductive, cardiovascular, nervous, endocrine, immune and other body systems that are biphasic, which is associated with the growth and maturation of the follicle, ovulation and development of the corpus luteum in the ovaries. The biological significance of the menstrual cycle lies in the preparation, implementation and control of the egg maturation process, its fertilization and implantation of the embryo in the uterus.
The most pronounced cyclic changes occur in the endometrium. In the absence of pregnancy, the endometrial layer is rejected, and the cycle ends with menstrual bleeding. The duration of one menstrual cycle is determined from the first day of the onset of menstruation to the first day of the next menstruation. Normally, in healthy women, it is 21–35 days, while in most women (55–60%), the menstrual cycle lasts 28–30 days.
There are five levels in the hierarchy of the reproductive system: target organs / tissues, ovaries, anterior pituitary, hypophysotropic zone of the hypothalamus and suphypothalamic brain structures. The first level consists of target organs / tissues that respond to the effects of sex steroids, the amount and activity of which, depending on the phase of the menstrual cycle, changes in accordance with the dynamics of the concentration of sex hormones during the menstrual cycle.
Target organs include: in addition to the external and internal genital organs, the mammary glands, central nervous system, skin and its appendages, bone, muscle and adipose tissue, as well as the mucous membranes of the urinary tract and colon. All these organs and tissues depend on sex hormones.
Doctors see women in the menstrual cycle 4 phases:
1. The proliferation phase (follicular) with a 28-day cycle lasts an average of 14 days. Immediately after menstruation, under the influence of a gradually increasing concentration of estradiol, rapid growth and development of the functional layer of the endometrium and glands occur, which lengthen and grow.Spiral arteries grow to the surface from the deep layer of the endometrium between the elongated glands. A sign of proliferative endometrium is the presence of cell division in the epithelium. Immediately before ovulation, the endometrial glands become as long as possible, corkscrew crimped, the spiral arteries reach the endometrial surface, become crimped, the network of argyrophilic fibers is concentrated in the stroma around the endometrial glands and blood vessels. The thickness of the functional layer of the endometrium at the end of the proliferation phase is 4–5 mm.
In the middle stage of the secretion phase (days 19–23), when, along with the maximum concentration of progesterone, an increase in estrogen content is observed, the functional layer of the endometrium becomes higher, reaching 8–10 mm, and is clearly divided into two layers. The highest degree of secretion is observed on the 20-21st day of the menstrual cycle. At this point, the maximum amount of proteolytic and fibrinolytic enzymes accumulates in the endometrium. In the middle stage of the secretion phase, a fertilized egg is implanted, the most favorable period for this is 20–22 days of the cycle (6–8 days after ovulation).
The late stage of the secretion phase (24–27 days) due to the onset of regression of the corpus luteum and a decrease in the concentration of hormones produced by it, is characterized by a violation of the trophism of the endometrium and a gradual increase in degenerative changes in it. The height of the endometrium decreases (by 20-30% compared with the middle phase of secretion), the stroma of the functional layer shrinks, the folding of the walls of the glands intensifies, they acquire stellate or sawtooth outlines. From granular cells of the endometrial stroma, granules containing relaxin are released that contribute to the melting of argyrophilic fibers of the functional layer.
3. The 3rd phase of the menstrual cycle is decay. On the 26–27th day of the cycle, capillary expansion and focal hemorrhages in the stroma are observed in the surface layers of the compact layer. The condition of the endometrium, thus prepared for decay and rejection, is called anatomical menstruation and is detected a day before the start of clinical menstruation.
In connection with the regression and death of the corpus luteum, which entails a sharp decline in the concentration of hormones, hypoxia and degenerative changes increase in the endometrium. Prolonged spasm of the arteries leads to the development of blood stasis, blood clots, increased permeability and fragility of blood vessels, hemorrhages in the stroma, leukocyte infiltration. The decomposition of the tissue and its melting develop. Following a prolonged spasm of the vessels, their expansion begins, accompanied by increased blood flow and rupture of the vessel wall. There is a rejection of the necrotic sections of the functional layer of the endometrium, which usually ends on the 3rd day of the cycle.
4. The phase of regeneration. The decay phase is immediately replaced by the regeneration of the mucous membrane from the tissues of the basal layer (marginal glands). Under physiological conditions, on the 4th day of the cycle, the entire wound surface of the endometrium is covered with new epithelial cells. And the menstrual cycle begins again.
In the life period from the onset of puberty and before the onset of menopause outside pregnancy or breastfeeding in a healthy woman, the menstrual cycle should be regular.
Amenorrhea (absence of menstruation) is also considered a normal option when taking low-dose oral contraceptives, which lead to menstrual bleeding in the interval between taking tablets of each cycle. If you take these drugs for a long time, the inner layer of the uterus (endometrium) becomes thinner, and the menstrual cycle is reduced or stopped altogether.
Since amenorrhea does not stand out as an independent disease, but only accompanies the main one, it is also diseases and clinical syndromes that most often appear among the causes of its occurrence.
Is it possible to accelerate the arrival of menstruation with a delay
When there is a need to quickly cause menstruation, you need to find out whether this can be done. If menstruation did not arrive on time, there are reasons for it.
A long delay provokes harm to reproductive functioning. Hence the need to normalize the cycle.
In the case when menstruation does not start in due time, its onset can be brought closer artificially. But this is not always required. It is worth remembering that the duration of the normal cycle is from 27 to 32 days. Sometimes it shifts due to certain reasons, for example, such as a sharp change in weather or the abuse of alcohol. Therefore, if the absence of menstruation is not a regular problem, but a one-time problem, then you do not need to sound the alarm.
But the constant delay should be cause for concern. A frequent shift in the monthly cycle indicates violations in the body. Take measures to "eliminate" this problem only if critical days do not arrive more than 8 days.
If a pregnancy test shows a negative result, it is possible that a woman is dealing with a serious pathology, which should be eliminated faster.
In this case, the artificial approximation of menstruation is possible only after passing a medical examination in order to establish the cause of the delay.
When is causing menstruation dangerous
Before resorting to the implementation of one of the methods of normalizing the cycle, it is necessary to determine the cause of its shift. If the delay arose due to gynecological pathology, then it is impossible to artificially cause menstruation.
It is not recommended to accelerate the onset of critical days in such cases:
- Suspicion of a possible pregnancy. Women who are faced with a prolonged absence of menstruation tend to learn how to cause it during pregnancy. In their case, this is contraindicated. Delay can be triggered by ectopic fertilization. Termination of such a pregnancy by any means can lead to serious consequences, for example, internal bleeding or renal failure.
- The presence of an intrauterine device. Artificial approach of critical days can lead to uterine injury, internal bleeding or contraception rejection. It is worth knowing that during the first month of installation of the spiral, the cycle can move by 2-3 days.
- Hemophilia or endocrine disease.
- Long-term treatment with hormonal drugs.
If a healthy woman does not live sexually and does not use contraception, then the risk of complications after accelerating the onset of menstruation is reduced.
The normalization of the cycle is often resorted to before a responsible event or trip, that is, when it becomes necessary to quickly “get in shape”. For example, many women seek to call their periods before vacation prematurely.
If the decision to take measures to accelerate the onset of critical days is made, do not forget that an attempt will be made to intervene in natural physiological processes, and this often leads to hormonal imbalance.
Preparations and pills that cause menstruation with a delay
Women who are looking for information on what to do to get their periods gone should know: one of the most effective ways to accelerate the onset of critical days is to take hormones that provoke the normalization of the cycle.
But before resorting to taking such drugs, it is worth considering that a shift of the cycle by 3-6 days is normal. Probably the body has undergone some changes. But if the delay of menstruation is 10 days, how to cause menstruation will be described later.
Before taking any hormonal drugs, you need to consult a gynecologist. So, let's talk about how you can normalize the cycle medically.
If your period began with a delay, Dufaston will help speed up their arrival in the next cycle. The recommended duration of admission is 5 days. To normalize the cycle, Duphaston must be drunk 2-3 days before the expected start of menstruation.
You can not abruptly stop taking this drug, since in this case there is a risk of severe bleeding. Abortion with the help of a medication will not succeed. It does not affect the development of the fetus and the course of pregnancy.
This drug quickly causes menstruation. It is convenient to use: Pulsatilla is dispensed in capsules that are placed under the tongue.
To provoke menstruation with the help of this medicine on a plant basis, it is enough to take it once. The composition includes active biological substances that stimulate the production of sex hormones in the female body, which provokes an acceleration of the onset of critical days.
Also, this tool has a sedative effect on the body. Therefore, it is recommended to take it if the delay has occurred due to psychoemotional stress.
Drink Pulsatilla with caution, since a medication can cause an allergic reaction.
Calling critical days with oral contraceptives is easiest. This is one of the most "harmless" drug methods of normalizing the cycle.
To achieve the desired result, you need to stop taking drugs of this group a few days before the expected start of menstruation.
One of the means of delay is Postinor. Long-term use of this medication provokes a serious malfunction of the monthly cycle.
How to speed up menstruation folk remedies
Women who are faced with a cycle failure problem should know how to quickly cause menstruation at home. It is recommended to use folk remedies.
The simplest and most effective way is to cause menstruation with herbs. Here are some popular recipes to normalize the cycle:
- Tincture of parsley root. With a regular delay in menstruation, it is useful to take such a medicine. You will need a large amount of parsley, which is poured with boiling water and insisted until it cools completely. Parsley broth is recommended to drink the resulting product in large portions - 2-3 cups at a time.
- Tincture of bay leaf and nettle. You need to take the same amount of these herbs and pour them with boiling water. This mixture is cooled and insisted for 2 hours. Take the medicine twice a day - morning and evening.
- Spicy dishes. To accelerate the arrival of menstruation, it is recommended to use a large amount of garlic, black pepper and other hot ingredients. The mechanism of action of these products is to accelerate blood circulation.
Also, a hot bath helps to induce menstruation. When a woman plunges into warm water, her body warms up, and the vessels of the endometrium expand. This contributes to the onset of menstruation.
Women who implement methods that help to quickly cause menstruation at home with a delay should take care of maintaining their health. Before resorting to the artificial acceleration of menstruation, you need to weigh everything and assess the possible risks.
Those who suffer from diseases of the reproductive system are contraindicated in using folk remedies that cause menstruation. This can cause internal bleeding and other life-threatening complications.
Girls who have problems with conception are contraindicated in invading the hormonal sphere of their body, as this can lead to infertility.
It is also not recommended for a long time to take medications to normalize the cycle, as this will provoke a hormonal failure.
You can call your period with a bay leaf, for this you should prepare a decoction according to one of the following recipes:
- 3-4 pieces of laurel pour boiling water and leave for 2-3 hours, then drink. You need to take an infusion of 1 glass in the morning and evening, 1 day. The bay leaf will cause uterine contractions, so there is no need to be afraid if pulling pains appear in the lower abdomen, these are the effects of the decoction,
- 12 g of bay leaf is poured into 0.5 l of water and put on fire. Boil for no more than 5-6 minutes. Next, the broth is poured into a thermos and settles for about 3 hours. You need to drink tincture three times a day for 1 table. spoon.
Tansy for menstruation can be used in the form of decoctions and infusions, here are a few recipes:
- 30 g of dried leaves of the plant should be poured into a thermos and pour a liter of boiling water. Insist 1 hour. Next, the infusion is filtered and cooled to room temperature. You need to drink a total of 0.2 liters in 3 divided doses,
- 0.15 g of fresh tansy inflorescences is poured with a liter of vodka. Tincture is stored in a dark glass dish in a cool place without access to sunlight for 3 weeks. Then it is filtered and used to call menstruation 15 g 3 times a day for 15-20 minutes before eating. You can not drink more than 50 g of tincture per day.
Onion husks can trigger the onset of menstruation, for this you need to prepare a decoction from it. If you drink a glass of decoction, your period will come within a day. A broth with onion husks is prepared as follows: remove the husks from 2-3 onions and fill it with a glass of boiling water, which is covered with a lid, and let it stand for half an hour. The resulting infusion is drunk in one go.
Parsley is a herb that causes menstruation, and it can be consumed both fresh and in the form of decoctions of herbs or dry mix. To call critical days, you can use the following recipes using parsley:
- pour washed and chopped parsley with a glass of boiling water, boil and stand for 12 hours. Take half a glass twice a day,
- parsley infusion is prepared from a third of a glass of chopped herbs, which is poured with boiling water to the top of the container. After cooling, you need to drink 3 cups of infusion in a row. Critical days should begin within the next 5-6 hours. The action of parsley is similar to ascorbic acid, since this herb has a high content of vitamin C,
- 4 times a day there is 1 g of parsley seeds, before swallowing they must be chewed thoroughly,
- Grind 0.15 kg of fresh parsley and pour 1 liter of water, boil for 10 minutes. Let stand 30 minutes, strain. You need to take the broth sutra and in the evening half a cup for a week.
You can also just add parsley and dill to your diet in very large quantities. Carrot seeds, pomegranate, beetroot juice and lemon have the same effect.
For calling menstruation, you can use multicomponent herbal fees. Here is the most popular recipe that allows you to call regulae at home using a large number of herbal ingredients.
To prepare the infusion, which causes menstruation, it is necessary to take 2 tablespoons of inflorescences or leaves of nettle, oregano, rosehip, elecampane, yarrow, knotweed and pink radiola. The herbal mixture should be placed in a saucepan of a suitable capacity and pour 4 cups of boiling water, leave for the night. Then it needs to be drained and drunk 0.1 l 8-10 times a day. The main active ingredient in this collection, provoking the onset of menstruation, is elecampane. It is often used for amenorrhea of various etymologies.
Mint, Chamomile and Valerian
One of the most famous folk recipes for calling menstruation consists of parts of plants such as mint, valerian and chamomile. To prepare the herbal infusion, you need to take one and a half tablespoons of chopped inflorescences of chamomile, mint leaves and valerian roots. All this mixture is poured with a glass of boiling water and closed with a lid for a third of an hour.Next, the drug is filtered and drunk 0.1 l 2 times a day.
To rush the arrival of critical days, you need to drink a large dose of ascorbic acid. You need to do this for 3 days. If you don’t have vitamin C tablets on hand, you can eat a large amount of citrus fruits, preferably lemons and pomegranate juice. Such a recipe will provoke the arrival of menstruation in 3-4 days. Vitamin C blocks the flow of progesterone into the circulatory system, which causes the separation of the endometrium in the uterus and, as a result, the onset of menstruation.
This method should not be used by women who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, especially those who suffer from gastritis or peptic ulcer, since excessive consumption of vitamin C can negatively affect the condition of the gastric mucosa.
A hot bath for calling menstruation is the easiest and most affordable way. It helps to activate blood circulation, including in the pelvic organs. In a hot bath you need to pour 2 packs of salt and drip 10 drops of iodine. An alternative to salt and iodine can be honey, chamomile broth and essential oils. Before you take a bath, subject your body to intense stress, go for a run or do a spring cleaning. You need to take a bath for about an hour.
It will not work faster to bring the regula through physical exercises, it is scientifically proven that intense physical activity can affect menstruation only when it has already begun. Exercising during critical days makes monthly discharge more abundant, but does not contribute to their early arrival.
Tocopherol or vitamin E with a delay in menstruation normalizes the functioning of the immune, circulatory, nervous and reproductive systems, and also stimulates the metabolism and repair processes in the tissues. With the help of vitamin E, you can normalize the menstruation cycle and improve the general condition of a woman. This is an effective tool only in cases where the cause of the delay is hormonal changes due to stress, vitamin deficiency or strict diets. If inflammatory and infectious diseases are to blame, tocopherol can be used as an addition to the main therapy.
Before artificially inducing menstruation, you should definitely consult a doctor and weigh the pros and cons, because accelerating the arrival of critical days can cause the following disorders in the body:
- uterine bleeding, which can lead to iron deficiency anemia,
- failure of the menstrual cycle, which is accompanied by abundant and frequent menstruation,
If medications are used to induce menstruation, then the possibility of adverse reactions from taking them should also be taken into account.
Before deciding on the need for an artificial approximation of menstruation, read the reviews of women who tried using different methods to cause menstruation ahead of time:
Once, during a sex, my husband and I broke a condom, at that time we did not plan children, so in order to bring the menstruation closer, the next day I bought Pastinor. I took the tablet according to the instructions. The periods came a little earlier, and in the next cycle everything went according to the schedule, there was no pregnancy,
I was given a vacation at work unsuccessfully, just at that time the “red” days should have come, so I decided to slightly adjust the cycle, began to take hot baths with iodine a few days before the expected date. Menstruation came 2 days earlier, vacation was a success,
There was one time the need to cause menstruation prematurely, I decided to drink Dufaston. Critical days in this cycle came earlier, but another 3 subsequent cycles were slightly “lame” in regularity.Already from the 4th cycle, the situation returned to normal; I am not experimenting anymore with the correction of the cycle.
Is it possible to cause menstruation with a delay?
Before you independently cause menstruation, you need to identify the cause, which entailed a hormonal malfunction in the body. To do this, it is recommended to visit a specialist, since a delay can be a signal for the development of inflammatory diseases that require immediate treatment.
If pregnancy and gynecological diseases are excluded, then you can cause the onset of menstruation in folk ways.
Tip: if the menstruation is late for several days, then resorting to stimulating methods is not necessary. Such a short delay of critical days is not considered a pathology.
Delayed menstruation: concept and causes
The menstrual cycle consists of two phases - follicular and luteal.
Normally, the cycle duration is from 21 to 35 days.
During the follicular phase, the dominant follicle grows and the uterine mucosa prepares for embryo acceptance. These processes take an average of 14 days, after which ovulation occurs - the egg leaves the ovary in the abdominal cavity.
The luteal phase of the menstrual cycle is characterized by stability, but sometimes it can also be extended by 3-5 days, which will result in a delay in menstruation.
But what can cause a delay in menstruation? Let's figure it out. After all, only after determining the causes of the delay, you can resume the normal duration of the menstrual cycle.
The following factors can cause a delay in menstruation:
- successful fertilization of the egg or, in simple words, pregnancy. A negative test is not always a sign of a lack of pregnancy. Therefore, you need to consult a gynecologist who will conduct a gynecological examination, and if necessary, give a referral to ultrasound and blood analysis to determine human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG),
- acclimatization. Very often, climate change leads to hormonal disruption, due to which menstruation is delayed,
- strict diet. Restrictions in nutrition create stress for the body, which results in a delay in menstruation,
- imbalance of progesterone and estrogen in the body,
- exhaustion or obesity significantly violates the hormonal background of a woman,
- psycho-emotional turmoil,
- lack of sleep
- chronic fatigue,
- physical stress
- professional sports
- the use of hormonal, anti-inflammatory, anabolic and psychotropic drugs,
- menopause is manifested by inhibition of childbearing function and is manifested in irregular periods, and eventually their complete absence,
- diseases of the reproductive system (ovarian cysts, inflammation of the appendages, amenorrhea, neoplasms of the genital organs and others),
- sexually transmitted diseases
- diseases of the endocrine system,
- oral contraceptives
- Artificial or spontaneous abortion.
When should you not call your period?
Calling delayed menstruation can be dangerous in the following cases:
- a delay of more than 30 days, which may be a symptom of an ectopic or normal pregnancy. Any actions aimed at getting rid of pregnancy can lead to bleeding, blood poisoning and even death,
- the presence of an intrauterine device. In this case, the spiral can damage the wall of the uterus,
- diseases of the endocrine system,
- long-term hormone therapy.
Delayed menstruation for 10 days: how to cause menstruation?
To cause menstruation with a delay at home, you can use the following methods:
- taking drugs that will lower estrogen levels in the blood, as well as increase the contractile activity of the uterus in order to reject endometrium,
- activation of blood circulation in the uterus using thermal procedures,
- folk remedies.
Let's consider each method in more detail.
What drugs can cause menstruation during pregnancy?
If pregnancy is undesirable, a gynecologist can perform a medical interruption using the drug Mifegin. This drug is used only in a medical institution under the strict supervision of qualified personnel, since it can cause a deterioration in the condition of a woman.
In the case when a woman had an unprotected sexual act, you can take the drug Postinor, which contains levonorgestrel.
Taking Postinor reduces the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle and causes menstruation.
Postinor is effective only in the first three days after an unprotected sexual act.
The dose of the drug Postinor is two tablets: 1 tablet at intervals of 12 hours.
You also need to know that Postinor can not be used more than once every six months.
Can antibiotics cause a delay in menstruation?
After taking antibiotics in many women, critical days are premature or delayed. The reason lies in the fact that these funds violate the hormonal background of a woman.
In addition, antibiotics can lead to vaginal candidiasis, which is popularly called thrush.
Thrush Is an inflammatory disease of the genital organs that is caused by fungi. This infection alone will not cause menstrual irregularities, but it can lead to adhesions in the tubes or inflammation of the ovaries, and this will lead to a delay in menstruation.
In addition, candidiasis is often a symptom of the same diseases that lead to a delay in menstruation. Also, thrush often appears in pregnant women in the early stages.
Therefore, before treating thrush, you need to look for its cause, and in this way it will become clear why the periods were delayed.
For the treatment of thrush, the antifungal drug Fluconazole is used, which can also delay menstruation. Candidiasis usually appears before the onset of menstruation and requires immediate treatment, because it causes discomfort to a woman and can lead to other diseases.
It is the treatment, both drug and some herbs, that can affect the change in the menstrual cycle. Usually, at the end of treatment, it is restored.
In case of menstrual dysfunction in the form of a delay in menstruation, there is no need to urgently run for advice to a girlfriend or to a women's forum. The cause of the delay is not always possible to determine and eliminate on their own.
Therefore, if menstruation does not occur on time, wait 2-5 days, and if during this time critical days do not come, then consult a gynecologist who will determine the cause and give effective, and most importantly, safe recommendations for eliminating this problem.
You can quickly cause the onset of menstruation with a hot bath. To do this, pour a couple packs of edible salt into the water, and drip a few drops of iodine. Effective baths with the addition of chamomile flowers, honey or essential oils.
Before taking a bath, it is necessary to subject the body to physical exertion, which will tone the muscles, and improve blood circulation. Press swing, jogging or spring cleaning - any kind of exercise can be. After taking a hot bath, it is recommended to dress warmly, it is advisable to carry out water procedures at night.
Option # 2
A powerful effective remedy is considered elecampane root. It is enough to use 50 grams of decoction of the root, a larger amount can cause severe bleeding. If it started, call an ambulance immediately. The gasket should not get wet faster than three hours. If the dosage is observed, if there are no problems with coagulability, the administration of elecampane is tolerated normally.
What is a period?
The appearance of menstruation (menstruation or regula) indicates that the woman has reached reproductive age.Her body is capable of conception, and bearing a child.
This is a very important stage in the life of a woman:
- The uterine cavity is lined with mucous epithelium, as the egg develops, it changes and acquires a loose consistency. This facilitates the attachment of the fertilized egg to the uterine wall.
- If pregnancy does not occur, epithelial layer rejection occurs. Its remains exit through the natural anatomical pathways (vagina) accompanied by bloody discharge. It takes no more than 7 days. After which the mucous epithelium is restored, and the cycle repeats again.
- The interval of the menstrual cycle, on average, is 30 days. In some women, it can increase up to 35 days, while in others, the duration is 22 or 23 days.
A little bit about menstruation
• From the first menstruation, the girl truly becomes a woman. The appearance of menstrual fluid means that it will be able to conceive a child in the future. In the body, hormones are released that stimulate the ovaries to produce estrogen and progesterone. With a normal balance, these hormones positively affect a woman: the condition of the skin and hair is normal, a feminine silhouette is formed, a figure emerges.
• Critical days are a way to cleanse a woman's body. During menstruation, the mucous membrane is renewed, unnecessary bacteria are excreted.
• Menstruation is a valuable process of body self-regulation and an indicator of disease. The smell, color, and consistency of secretions can tell a lot about a woman’s health status.
• Physiologically, female youth lasts as long as there is a menstruation, that is, until the onset of menopause.
An effective means of normalizing the menstrual cycle is ascorbic acid. This substance, rich in vitamin "C", in a normal dosage (not more than 100 mg per day for an adult), strengthens blood vessels, and also improves blood flow.
If the daily dose of ascorbic acid is increased by 5 times, the amount of progesterone in the body will significantly decrease, which will provoke the appearance of menstruation. This substance in large quantities is able to reduce blood viscosity, which also contributes to the rapid onset of menstruation.
In addition, ascorbic acid has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous system.. Stress slows the growth of the follicle, so it can become a trigger factor in the failure of the menstrual cycle.
Decoction of mint, chamomile and valerian
A decoction of mint, valerian and chamomile is a time-tested tool that helps bring closer the arrival of menstruation. Healing broth is prepared according to the following recipe: 5 tbsp. dry chamomile inflorescences are mixed with 4 tbsp. mint and 3 tbsp dried shredded valerian root.
Reception of a hot bath, a decoction of herbs and medicines will help to quickly cause menstruation
Dry herbal mixture must be poured 1 tbsp. boiling water. The broth should be infused for at least 2-3 hours. It is recommended to drink the finished drug twice a day, half a glass, until menstruation begins.
Even simple chamomile tea can trigger the onset of menstrual bleeding. To do this, you need to drink at least 2 cups of tea several times a day at a time, until the expected effect.
It is customary to distinguish 4 phases of the cycle in which there is a change in the female body:
- Menstrual. In this period, the uterine body is cleansed of the cells of the "old" endometrium. This occurs in the form of vaginal discharge, which in its composition has blood and clots, mucus of the epithelium. This phase is often accompanied by pain, which causes a woman to have increased irritability these days. This phase in a healthy body lasts no more than a week.
- Follicular. The formation of the follicle coincides with the first day of the onset of menstruation and lasts until about the middle of the cycle.On these days of menstruation, there is an increased production of the hormone estrogen (the female sex hormone). This process is accompanied by a slight increase in temperature, up to 37 degrees.
- Ovulatory. In this phase, the follicle opens, an egg is released from it, ready for fertilization. She slowly moves through the fallopian tubes closer to the body of the uterus. And in case of her fertilization attach to her wall. The ability to conceive a child occurs in the first 4 days before ovulation, during its onset, and after during the day.
- Luteal. It is accompanied by the development of the "corpus luteum" in the appendages at the site of the egg's exit. This phase lasts approximately 14 days, maintaining a normal balance of estrogen and progesterone levels.
Onion husk infusion
The composition of onion peel includes elements that are very valuable to the body, such as iron, volatile, and also vitamins of the "B" group. Therefore, an infusion of onion husks normalizes the hormonal background in the female body, eliminating the delay in menstruation.
The secret to the effectiveness of onion infusion is as follows: the elements that make up the husk cause tonus of the uterus, the walls of which begin to contract, which causes the appearance of menstruation. Menstrual bleeding appears on average three days after taking onion infusion.
To prepare the broth you will need husks from 3 medium onions, which must be poured 4 tbsp. hot water, and cook for half an hour over medium heat. The prepared broth is cooled and taken half a cup a day before meals. This infusion also effectively relieves menstrual pain.
Option # 4
Premature menstruation is caused by a hot bath with salt for 45 minutes. Make the bathtub as hot as possible. Contraindication to taking hot baths is oncology. You should be careful if you have problems with the heart and blood vessels. Both high and low pressure are a reason to abandon this method, as there is a risk of fainting.
Bay leaf infusion
The composition of the bay leaf includes tannins, essential oils and beneficial organic acids, which provoke uterine contractions, and endometrial detachment.
For a quick menstruation, you can prepare a highly concentrated infusion: for this 10-15 g of laurel leaf is poured 3 tbsp. boiling water, the resulting solution must be cooked on low heat for about 1 hour. After this, a healing broth should be infused for at least 4 hours. Ready infusion should be drunk one and a half glasses a day, preferably at night.
You can expect the arrival of menstruation in the morning. If the onset of menstruation is not so critical, you can prepare a less concentrated solution: 3 bay leaves are poured 1 tbsp. boiling water. The resulting cooled infusion is ready for use, it is recommended to drink it twice a day.
Disease leading to delayed menstruation
It is customary to distinguish between two groups of diseases that lead to disruption of the cycle and delay of menstruation.
- Pathological conditions of the endocrine system. This is a disease accompanied by dysfunction of the endocrine glands (thyroid, pituitary, genital appendages, adrenal cortex). These include:
- Hypotheriosis. It develops against the background of thyroxine and triiodothyronine deficiency. These hormones provide sufficient production of estrogen and progesterone. They are produced by the ovaries, ensuring the complete maturation of the egg and its ability to fertilize.
- Hyperprolactinemia A pathologically increased synthesis of the hormone prolactin (produced by the pituitary gland) leads to inhibition of estrogen production in the ovaries.
- Adenoma. This benign neoplasm is localized in the pituitary or adrenal cortex. As a result, a woman has extra pounds, virilization symptoms develop (male type hair), menstruation is delayed, or they begin ahead of time.
- Ovarian dysfunction. In this pathological condition, the synthesis of hormones produced by the ovaries is disrupted. This disease develops after:
- Frequent inflammatory processes.
- Hormonal dysfunction.
- The intrauterine device.
- Long-term use of hormone-based drugs.
- Inflammatory diseases of the body of the uterus and its appendages. This is a group of diseases that can affect not only the cycle of menstruation, but also their physiological state. Due to the onset of the inflammatory process, menstruation becomes painful, can be long, accompanied by profuse, bloody discharge. Inflammatory diseases most often occur:
- Due to the ingress of pathogenic microflora, with non-observance of intimate hygiene.
- Due to accidental sexual intercourse in which a condom was not used.
- As a result of microtraumas that form in the body of the uterus during an abortion, during childbirth, or for the purpose of diagnostic curettage.
- The most common inflammatory diseases that can cause a delay in menstruation are considered to be:
- Salpingoophoritis. This is a pathological process in which the uterus, appendages, and fallopian tubes are involved in inflammation. With a prolonged course, it becomes the cause of ovarian dysfunction.
- Endometritis. Inflammation of the endometrial layer is the cause of hypomenstrual syndrome. With this disease, the number of menstruation can be reduced to 4 times a year.
- Cervicitis. Inflammation is initially localized in the cervix, gradually spreading to the uterus and ovaries.
- Endometrial hyperplasia. With this disease, the endometrial mucosa thickens. Menstruation is delayed due to hormonal imbalance. The onset of menstruation is accompanied by heavy bleeding and pain attacks.
- Uterine fibroids. This benign tumor can not only delay menstruation, but also reduce their interval.
- Polycystic appendages. It is often asymptomatic, and is detected during a physical examination. Sometimes accompanied by a prolonged absence of menstruation (more than 40 days).
- Polyps in the uterus. They cause profuse spotting, sometimes there may be a pain syndrome. Pathological outgrowths are dangerous, since they tend to acquire a malignant form.
- Endometriosis Endometrial hyperplasia becomes the cause of obstruction of the fallopian tubes. This is the basis for delayed menstruation, or the development of tubal pregnancy (often this condition leads to perforation of the fallopian tube). Such a course of the disease is accompanied by scanty spotting, spastic pains, which are often localized in the abdomen, and radiate to the lower extremities.
- Endometrial hypoplasia. An underdeveloped epithelium, it is not possible to attach a fertilized egg to the uterine wall. This leads to a breakdown of pregnancy, and the appearance of brown discharge, instead of menstruation. This alarming symptom should not be ignored; a woman urgently needs to visit a gynecologist.
- In addition to inflammatory processes and endocrine disorders, menstruation is delayed as a result of the development of anorexia. With an excessive desire to lose weight, metabolic recovery processes are disrupted, menstruation occurs less frequently, with large delays. And they can disappear altogether.
A decoction of nettles or tansy
The perennial tansy flower contains in its composition such useful substances as vitamin C, camphor, organic acids and carotene, which not only positively affect the central nervous system, but also quickly stimulate menstruation during a delay.
It is proved that with the systematic use of decoction of tansy, menstruation comes on time, the cycle normalizes without negative effects on the body. To prepare the broth, you need to bring 1 liter of water to a boil, then add 2 tbsp. inflorescences of tansy.You need to cook the resulting solution for about 10-20 minutes over low heat. The cooled drug is taken three times a day for half a glass.
The healing broth has a bitter taste, so it can be sweetened with honey or sugar.
Nettle is no less useful for women's health. A decoction of nettle not only effectively normalizes the menstrual cycle, but also improves the flow of menstruation: pain decreases, and bleeding becomes not so profuse. To prepare a miracle broth, you need to bring to a boil 1 tbsp. water, then add 1-1.5 tbsp. dry plants.
The broth must be cooked over low heat for a quarter of an hour. The resulting broth is taken at 100 g per day, several times a day.
A decoction is very effective in delaying menstruation based on both nettles and tansy. For a quick menstruation, you need to mix 1 tbsp. nettles, and as much tansy. Herbal mixture of 200 g of boiling water is poured, and infused for several hours. Ready herbal potion is used three times a day for several tablespoons.
When should I see a doctor?
For any reason, when menstruation is delayed for more than 7 days, you need to visit a antenatal clinic. The gynecologist will establish the exact cause of the delay in menstruation. The first thing that may be is the onset of pregnancy. In this case, the question is raised about her preservation or abortion.
Cases that require increased attention, and an emergency visit to the doctor are also highlighted:
- Vaginal discharge, in which pain appears in the lower abdomen and lumbar region.
- Young nulliparous women aged 15 to 16 years.
- Long-term therapy with any pharmacological agents.
- Violation of a psycho-emotional nature, frequent stressful situations.
If the cause of the delay is not established, additional types of examination are assigned:
- A blood test is prescribed for the level of hormones.
- Ultrasound examination.
- Computed tomography and MRI.
- Be sure to undergo examination and consultation with related specialists (endocrinologist, nutritionist, gastroenterologist, psychiatrist).
Of course, I would like to have a magic pill on hand that will cause menses when it is needed. The good news is that it does not exist alone. About which pills cause menstruation, below.
1. Dufaston. This medication contains progestogen, an analogue of natural progesterone. He will artificially fill the lack of a hormone, but will not solve the problem completely. This drug is hormonal and therefore requires a specific dosage regimen. It can be checked with a gynecologist.
2. Utrozhestan. This drug also replenishes progesterone in the body of a woman. Available in two pharmacological forms: tablets and suppositories. It is very convenient if you are in conditions where there is no possibility to use candles - there is always an analogue. It has contraindications.
3. Pulsatilla. A homeopathic preparation for stimulating menstruation is based on plant components (lumbago grass). Stimulates hormonal and immune systems. The dosage and frequency of administration are prescribed by the homeopath.
4. Postinor. Strong hormone. Initially, it is an emergency contraception after unprotected intercourse. Often you can’t take it, you risk getting infertility. It has contraindications.
The above drugs can help you to cause menstruation, but keep in mind that self-prescribing drugs is the wrong way. Be sure to contact your gynecologist for a recommendation, and even better - take a hormone test, determine their level and only then, adjust the hormonal background (if necessary), based on the recommendations of a specialist.
You can speed up the onset of menstruation with the help of a blue cornflower infusion.The recipe is as follows: 10 g of the flower must be filled with 150 g of boiling water, the resulting mixture must be infused for a couple of hours. Strained cooled infusion is recommended to eat before meals for 2 tbsp. three times a day, until the arrival of the desired critical days.
Attention! The plant contains toxins in its composition, which in large quantities can provoke poisoning. Therefore, it is recommended to administer a dosed folk remedy.
Elecampane root in its composition contains phytohormones, very similar to human sex hormones. Therefore, using decoction of elecampane, the body increases the amount of hormones that activate the onset of menstruation. The broth is prepared according to this recipe: 1 tsp. 200 g of hot water is poured onto the dry ground root of the plant.
The solution over medium heat is cooked for a quarter of an hour, then left to infuse for a couple of hours. Use strained broth should be 2 tbsp. several times a day. You can prepare a more concentrated broth, then the menstruation will come the next day.
The recipe is as follows: 1 tbsp. ground elecampane root must be poured 2 tbsp. boiling water, and cook for half an hour over low heat. A strained broth is recommended to be taken twice a day for half a glass.
Pomegranate Juice and Citrus
Pomegranate juice contains a lot of useful vitamins and minerals, one of which is vitamin C. A large amount of this vitamin in the body causes the uterus to tone, which provokes the detachment of the endometrium and the appearance of menstruation.
It is recommended to take juice at 200 g several times a day. It is noted that frequent use of pomegranate juice improves well-being during menstruation.
The fruits of citrus trees are also rich in vitamin "C", so their use in large quantities quickly provokes the arrival of menstrual bleeding. So that your period comes the next day, you can eat whole 2 lemons or 2-3 oranges.
Advice! People with a tendency to gastrointestinal tract disorders should avoid excessive consumption of citrus.
1. Take a hot bath. One of the most enjoyable and relaxing methods. Exposure to high temperature (water should be extremely hot, not just warm) stimulates the uterus to contract, which can cause menstruation. Salt and iodine can be added to the water. Bathing - up to 20 minutes.
Contraindications: problems with the cardiovascular system.
As a pleasant bonus after a hot bath, it is recommended to make love. It works as additional stimulation of the uterus (and mood,))
2. Herbal tea. Some herbs have a positive effect on the reproductive system and blood flow. This is a well-known chamomile, ginger, raspberry leaves, rosemary. Warm tea based on these herbs may not immediately affect the beginning of the menstrual cycle, but it will bring undoubted benefit to the body.
3. A decoction of onion peel. 200-250 ml of this infusion can cause menstruation. An important condition is the saturated color of the broth, closer to amber. In addition to this decoction, tansy and bay leaf distinguished themselves with stimulating properties.
4. Green provocateurs - parsley and dill. There are 2 options: eat fresh (in large quantities) or drink a decoction.
5. Vitamin C. A large dosage of ascorbic acid or ordinary lemon can provoke the onset of menstruation. Contraindications: diseases of the stomach, low blood pressure.
6. Iron-containing products. The female body needs a sufficient amount of iron. Replenish the supply of this element will help: apple, nuts, beans, dried fruits, etc.
Alternative methods to cause menstruation at home may seem simple and harmless, but any interference with the body has consequences. For example, a decoction of herbs can be useful only if you do not suffer from allergies and intolerances to certain plants.It is not worth joking with the dosage either; treat broths as medicines, it is harmful to drink them in unlimited quantities.
What could be the consequences of self-medication
In general, the menstrual cycle is a game of hormones, a good game with long-established rules. By provoking your period, you introduce your own rules, which you may not be happy with. We draw your attention to the fact that it is important to compare the benefits and harms of provocative measures and only then begin to act.
Remember, in this matter it is important not to harm. To avoid the sad consequences for your health, coordinate with your doctor. A qualified specialist will figure out the reasons for the failure of your cycle, conduct the necessary diagnostics, and only then prescribe drugs or folk remedies. Self-experimentation can lead to bleeding, miscarriage (if you are still pregnant), infertility, or problems with other body systems (such as the thyroid gland).
Pills "Postinor" is a method of emergency contraception, effective in case of unprotected intercourse in order to avoid an unplanned pregnancy. In the event of a delay, these pills can bring the arrival of menstruation as soon as possible. However, they should be taken only by women with a stable menstrual cycle.
"Postinor" is not recommended to be used often, as ovarian function may be disturbed. And in case of an overdose of the drug, cases of the appearance of uterine bleeding are not uncommon. As a rule, two days after eating 1 tablet of Postinor, menstruation begins.
Option # 6
Gym, housework, weight lifting, intense sex. Any physical activity leads to uterine tone. Therefore, during pregnancy, you can not overwork yourself. But if you know for sure that you are not pregnant, and you need to call your period, this method is suitable. If the delay is long and you have not passed the test, do it. When the connection of the fetus with the uterus is strengthened, abortion at home becomes deadly.
Option # 7
The complex helps mint and chamomile tea, tea with ginger. No decoctions can be taken in shock doses. Never use methods such as:
- Iodine with milk (reception causes problems with the thyroid gland).
- Large doses of ascorbic acid, especially if you already have gastritis or an ulcer.
If these methods do not help, and since the last sexual intercourse has passed no more than 3 days, you can resort to emergency contraception methods. For example, Postinor refers to drugs for calling menstruation. It has many side effects. This medicine strikes the endocrine system. Be very careful with him and be sure to consult your doctor before use. Postinor's price in a pharmacy is above average, dispensed without a prescription.
If time is lost, medical abortion is possible under the supervision of a gynecologist (only with confirmed pregnancy). Consult a doctor if, after taking Postinor, you experience:
- Nausea and persistent vomiting.
- Pain in the lower abdomen.
Contraindication - liver failure. If pregnancy occurs, in the early stages such mini-abortion is suitable for such patients. It is less harmful than classic curettage.
What are the reasons for the delay of menstruation?
Not always the absence of menstruation is equal to pregnancy. You can purchase a couple of pharmacy tests from different manufacturers and check if you are pregnant. They work from the first days of the delay. But it is better to visit a gynecologist to exclude such reasons:
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Strict diet.
- Lack of sleep.
- Taking psychotropic drugs.
- Tumors (and not only genital organs).
- Unsystematic sports, especially combined with the use of anabolic steroids.
- Less than 7-9 hours of sleep per day can affect hormone levels negatively, so get enough sleep.
- A condition after an abortion or miscarriage often requires treatment.
- The reason for the delay can be a menopause, which occurs after 40 years, and it happens that a little earlier: first, menstruation comes less often, then disappears.
A delay of up to 3 days should not cause anxiety, especially if you did not have intimacy this month.
We do not recommend using the methods listed above for women suffering from poor blood coagulation. It is also forbidden to cause menstruation on your own if you have an intrauterine device installed.
Postinor can not be used more than 1 time per year. This remedy may not be your main protection against pregnancy. The condom is considered the safest, but in a constant romantic union, in the marriage, you can use drugs with low doses of hormones or an intrauterine device. The selection of funds is carried out by a doctor.
Once again we remind you that you can not exhaust yourself with diets. In women with low weight, menstruation may be absent. But also for those who are overweight, the cycle may become irregular. So watch out for weight.
Instead of a conclusion
Often, women want to resort to such unsafe ways to regulate the menstrual cycle in order to feel comfortable at sea at summer. Or, for example, girls during graduation are also worried - what if the menstruation begins?
We do not recommend shifting your period for vacation. You can always find an alternative to swimming, there are many excursion programs. At the wedding, you can use tampons or a menstrual cup. No triumph is worth spoiled reproductive health. Problems with conception are long and expensive to treat.
You should always do a pregnancy test before deciding on drastic measures. And even a positive test is not always a cause for panic. Finding the perfect moment for having a baby may never end. Perhaps right now is the very moment when you should give birth to yourself happiness. Often, fears that prevent a woman from staying pregnant can be corrected by a psychologist.
If the cause is not in pregnancy, but in illness, the doctor can eliminate it. Often delays cause sexually transmitted infections. Hormonal failure is best treated by a gynecologist-endocrinologist. In the most mild cases, it can be overcome within 3 months by taking oral contraceptives. But sometimes, the use of combined oral contraceptives is prescribed for 1-2 years. This is necessary in cases where menstruation comes irregularly for many years. This happens in women with a hereditary predisposition. They may have their first menstruation late or they may have acne, seborrhea, and lack of ovulation. In this case, alternative methods will not help.
If you do not want to take combined oral contraceptives to regulate the cycle, then the gynecologist will prescribe you herbal preparations. But the effect of them appears a little later. The phytoestrogens that are contained in these drugs resemble estrogen in structure. Despite the relative safety, such medicines cannot be prescribed on their own.
After an abortion or miscarriage, after breastfeeding, restoration of the hormonal background may take time. You should not resort to some methods of calling menstruation earlier than after 2-3 months. Excessive use of such funds brings even greater harm in such cases, exacerbating existing problems with hormonal regulation in women.
Therefore, do not make the choice of drugs yourself - always consult a doctor.
Important! Sometimes even SARS or the flu can cause a delay. In summer, you should be careful with the sun - if you overheat very much, your periods may already go astray.Sun and heat stroke not only affects the skin, it causes serious problems throughout the body as a whole. Sunbathe under a canopy, use sunscreen, do not sunbathe in the afternoon and until the evening. The best time is morning and evening before sunset.
Another little tip that will make your life easier. To monitor the arrival of menstruation, mark the days of menstruation on the calendar. You can read about how to properly maintain such a calendar in our article. Take this calendar with you to the gynecologist. The term of childbirth, if you are carrying a baby, is calculated from the date of the last menstruation.
Progesterone is the most important hormone in the female body, responsible for the development of the endometrium and ovarian function. Its insufficient amount in the female body leads to a malfunction of the menstrual cycle. To make up for the missing amount of progesterone, you can enter it artificially, using injections.
The dosage of the hormone is calculated based on an analysis of progesterone, therefore its use is unacceptable without consulting a specialist. The course of injection, on average, is from 7 to 10 days. 2-3 days after taking the injections, the expected menstruation comes.
The drug Mifegin
If the delay in menstruation is associated with the onset of pregnancy, from which it is necessary to get rid of it by medication, take Mifegin tablets. The drug causes the uterus to tone, the neck of which softens, which leads to the eruption of the fetal egg.
This drug can be used if the delay in menstruation does not exceed 6 weeks. It is important to know that taking this drug is not permissible at home and without tests, ultrasound. Pills are taken in the hospital under the supervision of a doctor, in the absence of adverse reactions, the woman is sent home.
The drug "Utrozhestan" is most similar in structure to progesterone, so it is well absorbed without causing adverse reactions. Capsules "Utrozhestan" normalize the hormonal background, regulate the work of the uterus and ovaries. The components that make up the drug gently affect the endometrium, gradually loosening it.
After stopping the capsule, there is a sharp decline in progesterone levels, which leads to the appearance of menstrual bleeding. "Utrozhestan" must be taken from the middle of the menstrual cycle, after the ovulatory phase has completed.
The course of taking the drug depends on the duration of the cycle. Capsules are taken orally or vaginally, the dosage of the drug is prescribed by the attending physician.
A couple of days after completing the medication, menstruation begins. If critical days arrive earlier than the calculated treatment regimen, then the capsule is discontinued. This phenomenon suggests that the degree of progesterone deficiency in the body was not critical, and the hormonal background was quickly settled.
The drug Norkolut
Norkolut is a hormonal remedy aimed at correcting the menstrual cycle, effective in case of frequent irregular arrivals of critical days. The drug improves the hormonal background in the female body, restoring reproductive functions.
This drug helps to cope with such tasks as:
- Uterine fibroids,
- Removal of pain during menstruation,
- Endometrial hyperplasia.
Take the drug in the second half of the cycle, for several days, 2 tablets. The exact dosage should be calculated by the gynecologist. After stopping the use of the drug, menstruation occurs.
The hormonal drug Norkolut can provoke menstrual bleeding, more profuse than usual. If critical days have not arrived after taking the remedy, you must definitely visit a specialist to identify pathologies in the body.
Oxytocin to increase uterine tone
Oxytocin is an artificially created analogue of the human hormone, which in a short period of time brings the uterus into tone, which stimulates the challenge of menstruation. The drug is administered into the body by injection or dropper.
The drug is used when it is necessary to solve the problem with a delay in menstruation as soon as possible: the expected effect occurs within a few hours after ingestion. The uterus under the influence of oxytocin begins to contract strongly, rejecting the endometrium, which leads to menstrual bleeding.
In an unstable cycle, oxytocin is taken as prescribed by the doctor in the nasal way, in the second half of the cycle and before the onset of menstruation.
To terminate a pregnancy, a hormone diluted in a dextrose solution is administered with a dropper. It is important to know that in this case, the drug is used only in stationary conditions, under the supervision of specialists. Since if the instructions are not followed, the hormone can cause a number of side effects: rupture of the uterus, anaphylactic shock or tachycardia.
How to cause menstruation at home?
Very often, when there is a delay in menstruation, and an express pregnancy test gives a positive result, women try to solve this problem on their own. They resort to the use of medications and folk recipes (take hot baths, soar feet with mustard).
This behavior leads to disastrous results. Uterine bleeding occurs, which can be a real threat to life.
If pregnancy is undesirable, it is best to have an abortion in a hospital setting. Moreover, the vacuum extraction method is used at an early stage. It does much less harm than using medications to end a pregnancy.
Delayed menstruation, which is not associated with the presence of serious pathologies, or a woman needs to change the cycle of menstruation (in connection with the trip) allows the use of pharmacy pharmacological preparations. Before this, you need to consult a doctor.
Commonly used for this purpose:
- Dufaston. It is based on the synthetic hormone progesterone. It is able to normalize the course of the menstrual cycle if its failure occurred as a result of progesterone deficiency. When using these tablet forms, the hormone production is stabilized in a normal volume.
- Utrozhestan. This drug has a natural origin, can be used not only orally, but also by the introduction of vaginal suppositories. In its action is no different from Dufaston. It is prescribed for individual intolerance to Dufaston and its analogues.
- Postinor. The medicine is a one-time contraception. The main ingredient of this medicine is levonorgestrel. It leads to a reduction in the second phase of menstruation, as a result of which menstruation occurs ahead of schedule. There is a complete cleansing of the uterus, the fertilized egg and sperm are removed.
- Pulsatil. Homeopathic medicine based on sleep grass. Basically, this medicine is used to normalize the onset of menstruation, if their failure occurred as a result of inflammatory processes or a violation of the psychoemotional state of a woman, under the influence of stressful situations. The drug is able to accelerate venous blood flow, increases the protective functions of the body, restores immunity. He is prescribed twice a day, this is enough for menstruation to come within a day.
- Norkolut. According to the manifestation of side effects, it is in last place, compared with similar drugs of this pharmacological group. It is well tolerated by patients, able to cause menstruation within 5 or 10 days. The course of treatment usually lasts for 10 days (2 tablets per day).The menstrual cycle can be restored with the direct use of tablets, or at the end of the course. This medication is not contraceptive. To cause menstruation with this drug does not work if a pregnancy has occurred.
- Progesterone Injection. It is used subcutaneously or intramuscularly (in the form of injections). It is prescribed for insufficient production of progesterone.
- Mifegin. This medicine is used to terminate a pregnancy at home. But before its use, it is necessary to be examined by a gynecologist. After taking it, the epithelial layer of the uterus, endometrium and myometrium is completely rejected. To achieve an abortion, a woman drinks three tablets once. After this, bleeding occurs, as a result of which a miscarriage occurs.
To cause menstruation, if it is not associated with the onset of pregnancy, the use of alternative medicine recipes is possible.
To this end, you can apply,
- Hot baths. This procedure is carried out for no more than 30 minutes (contraindicated in hypertension). The bath should be so hot that it promotes the flow of blood to the pelvic organs. To enhance the effect, you can add a few drops of iodine and sodium chloride. After its use, sexual intimacy or physical activity will contribute to the early onset of menstruation.
- Vitamin C. Usually, after using a loading dose of the drug, hot foot baths are used. Sometimes they add dry mustard. In no case should this type of menstruation be used during pregnancy or long before they begin. It can be used if a woman has no pathology from the gastrointestinal tract. Since this remedy can exacerbate:
- Peptic ulcer.
- Enterocolitis or colitis.
- A decoction of chamomile and mint with valerian roots. In order to cook this decoction yourself, you need to take three parts of the roots of valerian and mint, and four parts of chamomile flowers. After thorough mixing, transfer the contents to a thermos and add 250 ml of boiling water. After the broth is infused for an hour, you can drink 100 grams of it in the morning and in the evening.
- Parsley. In addition to the fact that parsley and dill can be used raw, added to salads, you can prepare a decoction from it. To do this, the plant is carefully ground in a blender and poured with boiling water. After cooling, the broth can be used in 100 ml, before meals. You can prepare a medicine that normalizes the course of the menstrual cycle. To do this, use parsley root, which is ground in a meat grinder, pour 400 ml of whey and add lemon, crushed in a blender. The medicine is allowed to infuse for a day, and drinks 20 ml in the morning and evening.
- Decoctions. A decoction from the elecampane root has a quick action. To make it necessary, grind one elecampane root and place it in boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes. After complete cooling, the broth is ready for use. To enhance its action, when preparing it, you can add yarrow grass, oregano, nettle, knotweed, Rhodiola rosea, rose hips.
- Medicinal infusions. To do this, use pajamas. You need to take two tablespoons of dried raw materials and add to a glass with boiling water. After the solution has cooled, divide into 3 parts, and take with food.
- Bay leaf. Decoction using bay leaves is not suitable for every woman. This is due to the peculiarity of its use. To eliminate the delay of menstruation, the contents of two packages of bay leaves are poured with boiling water (at least 500 ml), and infused for 60 minutes. It is drunk in one go. Usually, menstruation occurs in the next day.
To cause the onset of menstruation, you must consult a gynecologist. Only a doctor can help solve this problem.
It will help to choose the right medicine, which will restore the rhythm of menstruation in the optimal time, and will help to avoid negative consequences.
There is a category of the female population, which believes that the use of folk recipes for medicinal herbs cannot lead to the development of dangerous processes and consequences.
This wrong judgment can turn out to be not only a threat to a woman’s health, but also a fatal outcome.
Since drugs can cause severe blood loss, it is not always possible to stop it; the help of doctors will be needed. This is an unsafe way.
Unreasonable use of hormonal inducing drugs, and contraceptive contraceptives can lead to the inability to conceive a child, increased soreness of menstruation.