It is difficult to find a more popular type of baking cream than custard. Profiteroles and eclairs, puff pastries and an infinite number of cakes have this cream in their composition, a myriad of variations of its preparation is known around the world: French patisser, English custard ...
And for those whose childhoods affected Soviet times, the main association with custard, of course, will be its version, which was used in the preparation of Mom’s home “Napoleon”.
The traditional classic custard recipe is still very popular among those housewives who prefer home-made, high-quality desserts.
|milk -||0.5 liter|
|egg yolks -||4 things.|
|sugar -||200 grams|
|flour -||50 grams|
|vanillin -||1 gram|
|Cooking time: 50 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 189 Kcal|
- Beat the egg yolks with a mixer along with all the loose ingredients (flour, sugar and vanillin),
- Boil milk
- Gently, constantly stirring, combine the heated milk with the mixture prepared in paragraph 1,
- Cook the resulting mass until boiling with medium heating of the burner. To obtain a thicker cream consistency, you can cook it longer (for 5-10 minutes), while reducing the heating temperature,
- Hot cream, to avoid the appearance of lumps, pass through a sieve, colander or gauze,
- Cool the cream pre-coated with cellophane in a cold place. The film should adhere to its surface to prevent the formation of a frozen crust.
We offer to distract from reading and watch a video in which the preparation of a classic custard is reviewed step by step:
A classic custard recipe from Julia Vysotskaya
Custard recipe, presented by the modern authority of home cooking, TV presenter Julia Vysotskaya, is not much different from the above classic.
The composition of the ingredients has changed in the amount of milk used, vanillin is proposed to be replaced with lemon zest. However, as you know, in cooking, little things often play a decisive role.
To prepare the cream according to the prescription of Yu.
- 1 liter of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 200 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of flour
- Zest of one lemon or vanilla stick.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until the foam brightens,
- Gradually, without ceasing to beat, add flour to the resulting mass,
- Mix milk by adding zest or vanilla, bring to a boil,
- Gently, stirring, through a sieve, introduce milk into the egg-flour mass,
- The resulting mixture is again placed on the burner and at the smallest fire, bring to a boil,
- Cook the cream for about three to four minutes, stirring continuously, which will protect it from burning,
Before use or use as part of dishes, the cream should be kept in the refrigerator under a film.
Custard - a classic recipe
The easiest classic custard recipe. It is suitable for buns, pastries and the popular Napoleon cake. The cream is very thick, smooth, with a light creamy aroma and taste. I recommend to try it!
- Milk - 400 ml.
- Sugar - 175 g.
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Butter - 100 g.
- Corn starch - 3 tbsp. l
- Vanilla Sugar - 10 g.
- Pour milk into a non-stick pan. We put on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- While the milk is heating, whisk in a bowl with eggs, sugar, starch and vanilla sugar, if desired. If there is no corn starch, you can replace it with potato or wheat flour. But it will be much tastier with corn starch.
- Constantly stirring with a whisk, pour the boiling milk into the egg mixture with a thin stream. To prevent eggs from curling, be sure to add milk in small portions.
- The egg-milk mixture is returned back to the pan. We send to the fire, cook, continuously stirring until thickened.
- As soon as the mass begins to thicken, remove it from the stove and cool it a little. Then add the softened butter, mix everything thoroughly. If the cream turned out with small lumps, do not worry, just strain it through a sieve.
Cheese cream for cakes and cupcakes
There are two options for this cream. The first is based on heavy cream, the second is butter. Both options are very versatile and keep their shape perfectly. Cremes are used to decorate cupcakes, to layer and align cakes, as well as many other desserts. He is the highlight of the famous cake "Red Velvet".
Useful tips for pastry chefs
In the preparation of custard, like all other dishes, of course, there are subtleties that every housewife discovers for herself with the advent of the experience of cooking a particular dish. Nevertheless, we list the facts that are important to know in advance:
- The double-bottom pan will provide more even heating, which will allow you to prepare a perfect cream,
- For the same purpose, stirring the cream during cooking costs movements in the form of a figure of eight or infinity,
- Experienced housewives advise using a wooden spatula instead of a regular spoon when making custard
- It is possible to prevent the folding of the cream when cooking it in a water bath,
- The amount of milk used determines the future density of the cream,
- To achieve maximum softness of taste, uniformity and tenderness of the structure, flour can be replaced with starch,
- Variety of custard will be helped by adding liquor or another alcoholic drink with a pleasant aroma. You can also add melted chocolate to the cream. All additives are best done at the end of cooking.
Attention sweet tooth! On our site, traditional pancakes become delicious pancakes. A variety of recipes for delicate and fragrant pancakes with photos. These pancakes will drive crazy, of course, in a good sense, any hostess, as they are very tasty!
An excellent selection of multicooker baking recipes is here. Zebra, Charlotte, biscuit and more - all for you!
Then look for recipes for the cake "rotten stump." You can create this masterpiece with your own hands! Believe me, following the step-by-step instructions is easy.
- Cream Cheese - 600 g
- Powdered Sugar - 195
- Cream 33% fat - 190 ml.
- Grind cold cream cheese with a mixer until there are no lumps left.
- Continuing to beat, in parts, 1 tbsp. l., add the sifted icing sugar. Replace the powder with granulated sugar is not worth it, it just will not dissolve.
- Then add fat cream, which must be very cold, so that the mass is well whipped.
- After being whipped to the required consistency, remove the cream in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes, so it will become even denser.
Cooking a Napoleon cake - a classic out of competition
"Napoleon" absolutely deservedly attributed to the classics of home cooking. However, not everyone will immediately take up its preparation - after all, it takes at least 4 hours to do this.
Nevertheless, the simplest composition of the ingredients and the deliciously delicate taste of this dessert again and again force the housewives to turn to the old proven recipe.
For the test you will need the following products:
- 400 grams of butter or margarine (you can combine both products in any proportions),
- 700 grams of flour
- 2 eggs,
- A tablespoon of vinegar (9%),
- 150 milliliters of water
- A pinch of salt.
- Combine vinegar with cool boiled water,
- Beat the eggs by adding a pinch of salt,
- Mix both liquids obtained,
- In a wide and flat container (you can just sit on the table), mix the flour with butter until crumbs are formed,
- In the center of the mass obtained in the previous paragraph, make a hole in which the liquid part of the dough is very slowly poured, while mixing. Knead the dough with your hands,
- Divide the resulting dough into 12 parts, wrap them in cellophane and keep in the cold for several hours. While the dough is in the cold, you can cook custard according to one of the above recipes,
- After the allotted time, roll out each piece of dough directly on the baking sheet (laying parchment paper), and then, using a round shape along the diameter of the future cake, cut out a circle from the dough. The remaining edges of the dough will be baked with the main cake,
- Pound the cake as much as possible with a fork, bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown,
- Bake the remaining 11 cakes,
- Put the cakes on top of one another, soaking in custard and place in the refrigerator overnight (or for more than 10 hours),
- When the cake is leveled and sags, place pieces of parchment paper on each side to protect the dish from excess cream and sprinkling,
- Lubricate the upper and side surfaces with cream, sprinkle with crushed remains of cakes.
The classic Napoleon is ready!
Yes, the recipe is not easy, so see all the steps in the video too:
Cheese in Butter
- Cream Cheese - 600 g
- Butter - 200 g.
- Powdered Sugar - 200 g
- In this version of the cream, all ingredients should be at room temperature. Add butter to cream cheese. Beat with a white mixer.
- Gradually introduce the sifted icing sugar. Beat until lush, smooth, homogeneous mass.
Honey cake with custard is always in demand!
Honey cake is another traditional recipe and delicious, beloved by many.
The classic recipe, created back in the time of Alexander the First, suggests the presence of a large number of cakes, and the main secret of a delicious honey cake at all times was considered to be the use of the correct (light and fresh) honey.
The composition of the ingredients is straightforward:
- 350 grams of flour
- 50 grams of butter,
- 2 chicken eggs
- A glass of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Bag of baking powder for the test.
- Bring a mixture of sugar, honey and butter until crystals are completely dissolved, heating in a water bath,
- After the mass has cooled slightly, you should add a baking powder, carefully introduce the eggs and portion the flour,
- The resulting soft dough, having previously stood for half an hour in the freezer, must be divided into 10 parts of spherical shape,
- Cool the balls wrapped in cellophane film in the refrigerator until the dough can be rolled out. Do not add more flour - this can lead to excessive rigidity of the cakes,
- Roll each part of the dough to the required diameter and bake for about 3 minutes. Ready-made cakes of a classic honey cake have a light shade,
- One of the cakes, the darkest, it is advisable to grind into crumbs and then use as dust,
- The assembly of the cake consists in layering cakes and side surfaces with custard. Then the cake is sprinkled with crumbs.
- Soaking the cake in the refrigerator will take about 12 hours.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the cooking technique of this honey dessert in the next video:
Custard sundae "Diplomat"
The cream is very tender, tasty, but loose. It can be used for filling a cake or cake, but it is not at all suitable for their alignment and decoration. It is also well suited for the assembly of biscuit cakes, such as Honey cake, Napoleon, Heart. It is used to fill eclairs, profiteroles, croissants, biscuit rolls.
- Milk - 400 ml.
- Sugar - 185 g.
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Butter - 100 g.
- Cream - 200 ml.
- Corn starch - 3.5 tbsp. l
- First, pour milk into a stewpan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, pour the egg into the pan. Add sugar, corn starch. Mix until smooth.
- Continuously stirring the egg mixture, pour hot milk into it.
- We return the egg-milk mixture back to the stewpan and put it on the stove to cook. Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring with a whisk until thickened for about 7-8 minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Add butter to the hot custard, mix everything again.
- Next, the custard base must be cooled to room temperature. To do this, put the stewpan in a bowl with cold water or cover with cling film and put it in the refrigerator.
- While the custard base cools, let's take the cream. Beat well chilled cream until soft peaks.
- As soon as the cream begins to keep in shape, we begin to portionwise introduce custard. Mix everything until smooth. The main thing is that the cream and custard mass are the same temperature.
- Cream "Diplomat" is ready. It is very tasty, I recommend to try!
Amazing Honey Tart Cake
Ginger - one of the many options for honey cake.
It differs from others in that cakes are baked from custard dough.
- 500 grams of flour
- 200 grams of sugar
- 3 chicken eggs
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 60 grams margarine,
- 2 teaspoons of soda
- 2 teaspoons of vodka.
- Beat eggs, gradually adding sugar,
- Melt the honey and margarine
- Combine the liquids obtained in the previous paragraphs and add the indicated amount of vodka to them,
- It is necessary to cook this mass in a steam bath until a brown tint is obtained (from 20 to 30 minutes),
- After removing from the steam, the sifted flour is added to the hot mixture,
- The dough is kneaded by hands and divided into the required number of parts (10-12),
- Roll out the dough should be still warm and as thin as possible,
- Shortcakes are baked quickly - for several minutes each,
- One of the cakes or the remnants of the dough, cut from the edges and baked, must be crushed into crumbs to sprinkle the cake,
- Custard prepared according to one of the above recipes, grease the cake and the side surface of the cake, sprinkle the cake with crumbs,
- Hold the cake in the refrigerator for several hours for impregnation.
Now, see the recipe for making wonderful eclairs with custard.
Be sure to try to cook them, it will not take much time, but the whole family will be happy!
Cream of boiled condensed milk and sour cream for desserts
Everyone’s favorite cream, suitable for the layer of any cake. Fast, inexpensive and very tasty!
- Sour cream - 250 g.
- Boiled condensed milk - 350 g.
- In a bowl with a deep bottom, combine sour cream and boiled condensed milk. It is advisable to choose sour cream fatter, and all products must first be cooled.
- Mix everything well and beat with a mixer for 5-6 minutes, until the mass becomes tender and airy.
A great, win-win recipe for curd cream lovers. It turns out to be moderately sweet and delicious. Sugar can be replaced with liquid honey or any natural sweetener if desired. This curd cream can cover cakes, make cupcakes, it can also be used in the filling.
- Butter - 150 g.
- Cottage cheese 9% - 400 g.
- Sour cream - 250 g.
- Powdered sugar - 5 tbsp. l
- Pour cottage cheese into the container, preferably 9% fat, the main thing is that it is not dry. We also add sour cream with a fat content of at least 20%.
- Next, this mass is thoroughly interrupted by a submersible blender until smooth for 3-4 minutes.
- In the second container, spread the butter at room temperature. Whisk the mixer at medium speed.
- Then add the powdered sugar, beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix both masses. The oil should be fully mixed with cottage cheese. We will beat for another 3-4 minutes, first at low speeds, and then at the highest speed.
Sour cream with icing sugar
The recipe for the laziest, a budget option, but very tasty, moderately sweet, with a slight sourness.Most often, sour cream is prepared for cakes "Honey", "Pancho", "Ladies' whim" and fruit pies.
- Sour cream 25-30% - 250 g.
- Powdered sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- For this recipe, sour cream is needed oily, but even in it there is a lot of whey. Therefore, it must be weighed, that is, put in gauze and a sieve. Then put in the refrigerator for 4-7 hours. After this, the sour cream will become thick, and the cream will turn out to be strong.
- In a bowl we combine sour cream, icing sugar, vanilla as desired. We beat everything well with a blender or mixer at high speed for just a couple of minutes.
Creamy Chocolate Cream
The perfect cream for chocolate cake. Delicate, light, holds its shape well, and cupcakes prepared on it perfectly complement a cup of aromatic coffee. The recipe for true gourmets. Give it a try!
- Butter - 200 g.
- Condensed milk - 250 g.
- Cocoa powder - 3 tsp.
- Dark chocolate - 1 bar.
- In the dishes we spread soft butter with a fat content of 82.5%. Beat well with a mixer until splendid.
- Next, add condensed milk, regular, not boiled. We continue to whisk.
- We cut dark chocolate into thin plates. Pour chocolate into a bowl, then add cocoa. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
Protein Custard - Italian Meringue
The simplest recipe for custard protein cream, since to prepare the original Italian meringue, you must first properly prepare the syrup. And already hot syrup is gradually introduced into proteins, without ceasing to whisk. The cream holds its shape well, so it is suitable for decorating cakes and various decoration of confectionery.
- Egg whites - 4 pcs.
- Sugar - 240 g.
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- Salt is a pinch.
- Break eggs into a clean, dry container, we only need proteins. We try to separate the yolks so that the protein is absolutely clean.
- Add a pinch of salt and lemon juice. Using a mixer at medium speed, beat the proteins to soft peaks.
- Sugar is added here in small portions, while whipping the protein does not stop.
- Then we take a pan with only boiled water, put on it a container with meringue so that it comes into contact with water.
- Now in a water bath, beat the squirrels for another 5-6 minutes. The mixture will begin to thicken rather quickly, the main thing is not to stop and constantly whisk.
- After obtaining the necessary consistency, remove the container from the water bath. The cream is ready, it holds its shape well, does not fall, it is very pleasant to work with it.
Chocolate cream for smoothing the cake
Thick, stable chocolate cream based on cream and chocolate.
- Dark Chocolate - 200 g.
- Cream 33% - 200 g.
- Cream Cheese - 250 g
- Powdered Sugar - 50 g.
- Bring the cream to a boil, but do not boil, that is, the first bubbles appeared, immediately remove from heat.
- Pour chocolate over with hot cream. We mix with a spatula until the chocolate is completely melted, or pierce with an immersion blender until the emulsion. The result should be a smooth, uniform, shiny chocolate ganache.
- We cover the finished ganache with cling film “into contact”, put it in the refrigerator for 5-7 hours.
- After the ganache has frozen, let's take care of the rest of the ingredients. In a separate bowl we combine cold cream cheese, powdered sugar and beat with a mixer.
- Then add ganache to whipped cream cheese. Beat at an average speed of a hand mixer for about two minutes until a homogeneous consistency.
Yogurt cream with gelatin for biscuit cake
This recipe will appeal to lovers of light, low-fat creams. It is especially good for assembling children's cakes. Eclairs and cakes with him are also very tasty.
- Thick fruit yogurt - 500 g.
- Fat cream - 200 g.
- Gelatin - 15 g.
- Filtered water - 90 g.
- Powdered sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- To begin, soak the gelatin in cold water. As soon as it swells, we melt it in the microwave with short pulses, but do not overheat.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cold fat cream.
- In cold yogurt, I have strawberries, add powdered sugar. Next, with a thin stream, with constant whipping, we introduce cooled gelatin.
- Then combine the yogurt mixture with whipped cream. Gently mix everything with a kitchen spatula.
- Sent for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator, so that the cream grasps properly.
A bright, fragrant and, of course, very tasty creamy banana cream recipe, which is ideal for fruit cakes.
- Bananas - 3 pcs.
- Cream 33% - 450 ml.
- Powdered Sugar - 100 g
- Gelatin - 7 g.
- Water - 40 ml.
- Soak gelatin in cold water, and then melt the same way as in the previous recipe.
- Beat the cream, starting at the minimum speed, gradually increasing it to a dense state.
- Cut 3 medium bananas into a bowl. Pour sugar powder here. We break through everything with a blender. To prevent bananas from darkening, you can also add about 1 tbsp. l lemon juice. But if everything is done quickly, lemon juice is not needed.
- Add gelatin to the banana puree. Again, we interrupt the blender.
- In several stages we combine whipped cream and banana puree with a spatula or whisk.
Classic butter cream with condensed milk
The recipe for this cream is basic, you can add various additives and dyes to it. The most popular flavors: vanilla, chocolate, strawberries, lemon, coffee, coconut. It is often used to make many pastries. In order for the oil cream to turn out lush and homogeneous, all products must be at room temperature.
- Butter - 190 g
- Condensed milk - 190 g.
- Transfer the soft butter into the churn bowl. Beat with a mixer until the mass whitens and becomes airy. If desired, add the necessary flavorings, such as vanilla sugar.
- Without stopping whipping, portionedly begin to introduce condensed milk. Beat the mass until smooth after each serving of condensed milk.
- If necessary, cool the cream in a cold place for about 1 hour, then it will be better to keep its shape.
Coconut cream for cake "Raffaello"
A fairly simple recipe for coconut filling for cakes and cupcakes with Raffaello candy flavors.
- White Chocolate Drops - 110 g.
- Fat Cream - 255 g.
- Coconut Chips - 35 g.
- Pour the right amount of cream into the stewpan, add coconut flakes, send to medium heat. We heat the mixture, but do not bring to a boil.
- Remove the cream from the stove, add white chocolate. Leave for a few minutes, then start mixing. Chocolate must be completely dissolved.
- Once the chocolate has dissolved, pour the mixture into the whipping bowl. Put in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- After the required time, the coconut ganache should thicken and acquire a dense texture. Now beat at medium speed mixer until splendid.
- The whipped mass is transferred to a pastry bag.
Lean custard made from semolina and orange juice
Lean custard for impregnation of biscuit cakes, which is prepared without eggs and dairy products. A win-win recipe for a true lean cake. Orange juice can be replaced with any berry or fruit.
- Semolina - 1.5 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- Orange juice - 1 cup.
- Pour 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice into the stewpan, but you can also use the store. Add sugar, semolina and mix everything with a whisk.
- We put the stewpan on low heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until thickened. Remove from the stove and, while stirring, cool.
- Beat the cooled cream with a submersible blender, so it becomes more airy and tender.